Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no cause when I first saw it thats what I thought too. But its happened several times and I made sure no hands or apendages of any kind where near the buttons. Ill try resetting the memory based on the how too though. Thanx.
    BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
      speaking of window problems anyone else have the passenger window roll ALL the way down when you open the door instead of the 1/2 inch its supposed to? Get really annoying when your getting out of the car cause you have to turn the car back on to roll the window back up.
      Happened to me. I have an 07 convertible. I posted a forum but I found a solution. Go to the fuse box that is in the engine bay and pull any fuses you see that are window related.
      2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Originally posted by Mmartin_47
        Originally posted by reubenk
        speaking of window problems anyone else have the passenger window roll ALL the way down when you open the door instead of the 1/2 inch its supposed to? Get really annoying when your getting out of the car cause you have to turn the car back on to roll the window back up.
        Happened to me. I have an 07 convertible. I posted a forum but I found a solution. Go to the fuse box that is in the engine bay and pull any fuses you see that are window related.
        And that resets it (im assuming you didnt just "pull" them but put them back as well) or just turns off your power windows?

Comment

Well I pulled them out and waited about 30 seconds. Put them back in and reset the window indexing and it was fixed. First time I noticed was when I put my top up. I held the button for 2 seconds longer after the top was up to roll up all windows and the passenger window came down. I thought the anti jam feature tripped so I pulled the fuses.
          2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

how do you reset the window indexing?

Comment

Basically roll down each window all the way and roll it up and hold the switch for 2 seconds then let go. Repeat for passenger side as well.

Comment

ah, cool, thank you.

Comment

No problem.

Comment

Is there any way to disable the window indexing?

What happens if the car is coated in ice and the windows try to index when the door is opened? Couldn’t this damage the window motor?

Comment

Check your fusebox and manual. There has to be a fuse.

Comment

I don't think you would want to disable it. I've had the window freeze on me, and when you close the door with the window all the way up it makes this awful crunching sound. The door doesn't seal properly either - I can see daylight by the A-pillar. Instead of this happening only when the window freezes, it would happen everytime you got in the car.

Do you have remote start? That's the way to go....

Comment

6MT

Comment

hire some illegal immigrant to go out and warm it up for you each morning... pay him in salsa
                            Originally posted by TLS2000
                            Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                            http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                            GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

You have some kind of garage you can keep your car in? That worked for me last year. As long as it wasn't raining or snowing the night before, the windows should index properly.
                              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                                hire some illegal immigrant to go out and warm it up for you each morning... pay him in salsa

Comment

Working...
                                X