Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Over cranking-LX9

Originally posted by Bubbzino
    Well the cars still at the dealer, but they called and had this to tell me.

They said that they reprogrammed the computer and that the engine was still hesitating. They also said that the fuel injectors were dirty and they recommend that I run some fuel injector cleaner through the engine which would only cost me $170

Anyone else get this response?
    The dealearships really push the injector cleaning. I am a firm believer if it ain't broke and doesn't cause me any problem yet, why would I want to spend $170?
    Don Schorr
    2006 G-6 V6
    32,500 miles

Comment

Originally posted by donschorr
      Originally posted by Bubbzino
      Well the cars still at the dealer, but they called and had this to tell me.

They said that they reprogrammed the computer and that the engine was still hesitating. They also said that the fuel injectors were dirty and they recommend that I run some fuel injector cleaner through the engine which would only cost me $170

Anyone else get this response?
      The dealearships really push the injector cleaning. I am a firm believer if it ain't broke and doesn't cause me any problem yet, why would I want to spend $170?
      Especially when I can go buy injector cleaner for a hell of alot less than $170!
      <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

After having the dealer adjust the computor the over cranking continued...todays visit I was told the technical dept at Pontiac said to use different gas......and if that didn't work we should check for fuel injector seepage. I still have no confidence in this story....

Comment

Originally posted by Robcola
          After having the dealer adjust the computor the over cranking continued...todays visit I was told the technical dept at Pontiac said to use different gas......and if that didn't work we should check for fuel injector seepage. I still have no confidence in this story....
          Yup, that's about as bad as my dealer telling me that i hold the starter button too long on my remote

Comment

I returned mine to the dealer last year (when it was still under factory warranty, is now under a after-market warranty with deductable) and was told the PCM was tweeked. The problem went away but is now back. Anyone know if they will take it back under the campaign or will I have to pay my deductable to get it taken care of?
            2005 Poncho G6 SE- 3.5L, tints, 70k
            1995 Caprice 9C1- LT1, 116k

http://www.fallenofficermemorial9c1.org

Comment

Latest update.....the dealership replaced the Trottle body on Thursday..we will see.

Comment

i just had my car in for the same deal. the told me its normal..... i kind of have a hunch that it something to do with the fuel being either not enough pressure or its simply leaking back or in the fuel rail

Comment

Ive got the same problem - anyone solve this yet?? REVIVE!!

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
                  - JL 1000.1 Amp
                  - JL 12" W7
                  - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Comment

So far replacing the throttle body has solved my problem.....it has not over cranked once.

Comment

This shit sucks. Any way at all to fix it yet?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

seems like evertime u go to the dealer they try to get you to buy all this "trial and error" techniques at your expense.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                        Show
                        -20% tint
                        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

yea you'd think this issue would be resolved by now I know of at least 3 people that this happens to

My progression thread
                          Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
                          Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
                          In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
                          Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
                          Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

I bought fuel injector cleaner now its a rare thing for it to do that

The Official Silver Bullet Of The SWO....WHA WHAT...!

Comment

Bringing this issue back. My wife's 06 G6 GT started doing this last night. We tried starting it about 4 times, (engine already warm), and it just cranked and cranked, shook violently and then died. Any update on the situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Boilerup15 View Post
                                Bringing this issue back. My wife's 06 G6 GT started doing this last night. We tried starting it about 4 times, (engine already warm), and it just cranked and cranked, shook violently and then died. Any update on the situation?
                                give it throttle.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Working...
                                X