Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those with power steering problems READ THIS!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those with power steering problems READ THIS!!!!!!!!!

Ok so i know many of us have had PS issues and it is currently under investigation with nhtsa.gov . but i talked to a spokesperson and they said the more complaints they get , the more likely there will be a certain recall for this FINALLY. go to this website and do the online form for complaint on your car. please do this so we can finally get this fixed.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/portal/site/nhtsa/ ... 020008a0c/

Re: Those with power steering problems READ THIS!!!!!!!!!

there was an investigation done and GM has issued extended warrenty on the power steering on some 05 cars

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13829

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

this isnt the same investigation it is a new one. this would cover all g6's not just 2005 models

Comment

Wow, wonder if this could get me reimbursed the $3,000 I spent to get the PS replaced

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
        you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
        CarDomainMySpace

Comment

Originally posted by danmccormick87
          Wow, wonder if this could get me reimbursed the $3,000 I spent to get the PS replaced
          It's about time they started doing something about it. $3,000!!..thats why I bought an extendend warranty.
          My Car Domain
          Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Yeah well mine happened to crap out around 1000 miles after warranty

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
            you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
            CarDomainMySpace

Comment

My 06 will be fixed tomorrow, $600 later and a new upper steering column. I filed a complaint with the NHTSA and call pontiac (bunch of bullshit artists). The power steering cut out on the car and my wife ended up stopping inches from a tree. I will be calling pontiac everyday monday through friday to be a thorn in there side. Any update about this invesigation the NHTSA is doing i think i will call them tomorrow and try to speak to someone about this issue. Pontiac finally needs to own up to this problem and recall the cars and get them fixed, do right by there loyal customers.
              Owner/Operator EFX Tuning Solutiuons
              06 GTO LS2
              06 G6 GT
              06 G6 GTP
              97 GP GTP

Comment

about time they took a more aggressive approach on this issue.......only took 4 years lol
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

much needed but unforunately too little too late for most G6 owners. My power steering only works at 1K+ RPM. Dealer told me "tough" when I complained the month after I bought the car.
                  How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Comment

I got a letter today here in Canada, regarding the power steering. Now 2006 models are covered in the protection. It says "If this condition occurs on your 2006 model year Pontiac G6 vehicle within the 10 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service or 160,000 KM, whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at NO CHARGE."

Humm, I sometimes feel the wheel get hard when coming out of parking spots, I have to wait untill the wheel gets loose. Never on the road. Looks like I will take the 6 to get this fixed.
                    MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

I got the letter today, YAY! I got the powersteering message on my DIC a month ago and since the steering has been heavy during low speeds.

For those who have paid to fix this issue the letter says....

"If you have already paid to hace this special coverage condition corrected and you have not received reimbursemnet uner a Vehicle Service Contract(fancy word of warranty??), you should contact you dealer as you may be eligible to receive reimbursement. Please procide your dealer with your original paid receipts or invoices verifying the repair, amount charged....completed by an authorized General Motors dealer...."

The reimbursment must be done before August 31, 2011!!!
                      Last edited by mattleblanc; 08-11-2010, 02:05 PM. Reason: typo and subscribe to thread

Comment

Well, I will probably never see the $1000 I dropped at the dealership on this well known issue after replacing 3 sensors and the column. When it was happening, I know many here have talked about it, but the power would just drop out, and it was harder than hell to turn the electronic steering box than if it had been the regular hydrolic that went out. It was so dangerous because it would just go and it happened plenty of times when I was making a left turn in front of people. I really don't know what would happen if you were a weakling, you would have to tow it and get it fixed immediately. Maybe they have to hit a certain number of deaths before they recall it. No, I'm not salty...

I went looking for the repair receipt recently and can't find it. I'm thinking they never gave me it because they knew a recall was coming eventually.

Originally posted by g6daddymobile View Post
                        Ok so i know many of us have had PS issues and it is currently under investigation with nhtsa.gov . but i talked to a spokesperson and they said the more complaints they get , the more likely there will be a certain recall for this FINALLY. go to this website and do the online form for complaint on your car. please do this so we can finally get this fixed.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/portal/site/nhtsa/ ... 020008a0c/

Comment

wait so what if you haven't got the message of the "Power Steering" on the DIC but maybe in the future where the expiration date for the recall is over? do you guys still think it's a good idea to just bring it in and fix it?
                          http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1623464

Comment

I would, take it in with the letter and tell them you want everything looked over. Worst that can happen is they refuse if you haven't had any actual issues
                            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

and if they don't find any issues they would charge you right?
                              http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1623464

Comment

Working...
                              X