Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those with power steering problems READ THIS!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Those with power steering problems READ THIS!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by vic1212 View Post
    and if they don't find any issues they would charge you right?
    that would probably be the decision of the shop you take it too. I had a very good relationship with the shop manager at the Pontiac dealership I always took my 6 too and he would always take care of my car. Something like that I know I wouldn't have been charged-all depends who you know when it comes to warranty work and the like
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Is there a milage cap to this, I got mine used and have never had it to a dealer for repairs YET so I doubt GM even knows I own it, it has a 135,000 kms on it so im curious if its exceeded the milage to be eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963 View Post
        that would probably be the decision of the shop you take it too. I had a very good relationship with the shop manager at the Pontiac dealership I always took my 6 too and he would always take care of my car. Something like that I know I wouldn't have been charged-all depends who you know when it comes to warranty work and the like
        lucky you!!! I'm so jealous!!
        http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1623464

Comment

Originally posted by mattleblanc View Post
          I got the letter today, YAY! I got the powersteering message on my DIC a month ago and since the steering has been heavy during low speeds.

For those who have paid to fix this issue the letter says....

"If you have already paid to hace this special coverage condition corrected and you have not received reimbursemnet uner a Vehicle Service Contract(fancy word of warranty??), you should contact you dealer as you may be eligible to receive reimbursement. Please procide your dealer with your original paid receipts or invoices verifying the repair, amount charged....completed by an authorized General Motors dealer...."

The reimbursment must be done before August 31, 2011!!!

Got my recall notice/reimbursement form yesterday! All 2006 G6 cars are being recalled for power steering if there is a problem and being reimbursed for any repairs done!

If anyone wants or thinks it's a good idea, I can scan in the recall and reimbursement forms for others to use in case you don't get one.

My recall notice said that reimbursements for repairs were good for 10 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. This means a $1000 back in my pocket.

Comment

I just got my recall letter today. Weird thing though. I had my G6 sent to the dealer for an air conditioning compressor replacement and upon further inspection they said they needed to replace parts of the steering motor. I had my extended warranty cover the air conditioning compressor, but the steering motor was on a different invoice and was labeled as 0.00 aka free. They never mentioned a recall or bulletin, just mentioned the problem.

I've never had issues with my 2006 G6 steering, but I found this interesting.
            2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
            GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
            Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

Please, scan the docs so we can be informed.

I wonder if this only affects electric power steering or just cover all 06 steering problems.

Another hit on GM....

Comment

thats essentialy the meat and potatos of the document

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                Originally posted by snowmanG6
                you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Comment

I just called GM and gave them my VIN just asking if there were any open recalls and YES!!!!!I got some love for my electric power steering. The power steering wasn't always absent but it would cut in and out, most notably when backing out or sharp turns. But the "power steering" on the DIC was always there, hopefully this all works out and I don't have to pay anything and get this issue resolved

Comment

I just got a phone call from my GM "claim representative"! My claim is approved for the full amount and my check will arrive in 2-3 weeks!

I guess they thought my car rental charge was a "bcm reprogram", which they aren't going to cover. Oh well, a $16 car rental charge I can handle.

Comment

Mine just quit tonight, have to shut off and restart the car every few mins to reset the steering so I can drive it normally, I guess it's off to Government Motors to have them fix it for about 1000 bucks, Good Oll GM never quit ****in the customer...
                        2006 "Silver Bullet" V6 Sedan
                        Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

Hey Kool... you say yours went without any prior issues? How many KM?

Comment

I realize this thread has been dead for about 6 months now.

But I just had this happen to me, I first noticed that my car did not want to turn to the left as easily as it once did. But I was waiting to get paid to take my car in to have it looked it, I was actually on my way today to take it in when my steering went out.

So now I am kinda stuck, I am going to call pontiac tomorrow and see what they say. I have a 2005 g6 gt with 83,000mi on it.

If they arent going to reimburse me for the repair I am just going to trade it in for a small suv or crossover type of vehicle.

I have a family now, when I first got the car I was a single guy. But after having a child and trying to stuff everything we need to haul up to the grandparents house it would probably be better to get something with some more space.

Comment

Well, good news! I called pontiac this morning and they told me that my car is covered (if the sensor is the issue). They set me up an appointment at my local dealership.

And of course they gave me all of the other mumbo jumbo "If this isnt whats wrong with you car, you will have to pay out of pocket the diagnosis fee"...but oh well, I feel much better about this than what I did last night.

Thank you to everyone for your information in this thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X