Interest List: Unqiue Coatings Projector Retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interest List: Unqiue Coatings Projector Retrofit

Well, right now I am expecting the worst but if they come out to anywhere near $1000, I'm out.

Comment

Re: Interest List: Unqiue Coatings Projector Retro

Originally posted by leong6gtp
      Originally posted by bluegtp33
      im interested

main goals which i already stated in the other thread

1. great cutoff line
      2. no modification needed to frame behind headlight
      3. great light ouput

everything else that can go into is optional for me

I would only want one projector though. Less time vested. cost will be lower. If you want it for the highs too. we can use one high/low beam projector. But im fine with just one for the low beam hosing. Needs to have an awesome cutoff like the picture in the first post.
      Im definitely interested.
      Ball park figure? This isn't a definitive list. You can take your name off at any time. Although it would be helpful to know a price. Don't put yourself on this list if you expect it to be $250; cause that isn't going to happen. You can look at this post to get an idea. of pricing.
      Originally posted by cbrenn71
      Originally posted by leong6gtp
      As far as price goes. Would it be higher or lower than izndouche's was?
      lower. he wants 695 for a retro. he's crazy.

i also just assumed a projector in the low beams....if it is done correctly the highs probably arent really needed much anyway

Comment

Im hoping these will be around the 500 mark.. Otherwise I will be doing my own set

I would just rather have someone else do it, since I would hope they would be done quicker lol
        2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Premium Edition
        2.0 Turbo 5-Speed Automatic
        Tsukuba Red

Comment

Just sent mine in to unique coatings yesterday!
          K&N typhoon, Magnaflow Cat-back, Eibach Springs, Konig Rims, Sunny Tires,

Comment

Originally posted by Cfeld
            Sweet keep us updated and

Comment

Originally posted by Cfeld
              for projectors?

or for halos and paint? cause if so then offtopic

Comment

alright guys, just a really quick comment. in terms of ballpark figures, if we can get 5-10 of the same orders (same projectors, bezels, etc), then we would be looking somewhere in the neighborhood of 550 for the TSX's. Not bad, considering they are a 200+ dollar set of projectors alone. Then, factor in bezel cost, HID bulb/ballast cost, spacer cost, and the actual retrofit procedure, and you have yourself a great headlight for not a lot of money.

However, I would recommend the Lexus 330 projector over the TSX. It includes a TSX clear lens mod, which will give a better cut-off and better light flicker/color rendering (more along the lines of the picture shown above). Cost is the same, but you get better visual effects.
                Chad
                Unique Coatings
                http://www.uniquecoatings.co

Customizing in Tinted Tail Lights, Tinted Headlights, Color Matched Headlights, Angel Eye Upgrade Kits, HID Xenon Conversions, HID Retrofits, VentureShield Paint Protection

Comment

That sounds good to me! $550 isn't bad at all! That is excluding shipping I am assuming?

Comment

shipping excluded
                    Chad
                    Unique Coatings
                    http://www.uniquecoatings.co

Customizing in Tinted Tail Lights, Tinted Headlights, Color Matched Headlights, Angel Eye Upgrade Kits, HID Xenon Conversions, HID Retrofits, VentureShield Paint Protection

Comment

At about $550 + shipping I would be SERIOUSLY interested

Comment

So would we have to switch HID bulbs or something? Or can we stick with our H11?
                        Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

550 for the pair less a core fee sounds ok

I think that price will be lower if I provide the headlights..

Comment

Intersted...I'm curious about the bulb situation and providing the headlight....
                            It's not what you've got in the car, it's what you can do with it!
                            K&N Filter
                            KENWOOD ie 6x9 & 6.5
                            FALKEN ZIEX 512 R17
                            R1Concepts E-Line Cross Drilled Front

Comment

True but I need a new Headlights anyways so, I would pay for new ones.

Comment

Chad,

what about projector size ? are the 33's smaller or bigger than the TSX ... I've been researching this and I knoe the 6 doesn't have a lot of room behind the headlight bucket itself. That's a bit of a PITA. I was gonna use S2K ones myself, smaller although more pricey. Those that want a dual retro ... well there's probably no enough room to make it work, and really you wouldn't use highs that much anyways.

Originally posted by cbrenn71
                                alright guys, just a really quick comment. in terms of ballpark figures, if we can get 5-10 of the same orders (same projectors, bezels, etc), then we would be looking somewhere in the neighborhood of 550 for the TSX's. Not bad, considering they are a 200+ dollar set of projectors alone. Then, factor in bezel cost, HID bulb/ballast cost, spacer cost, and the actual retrofit procedure, and you have yourself a great headlight for not a lot of money.

However, I would recommend the Lexus 330 projector over the TSX. It includes a TSX clear lens mod, which will give a better cut-off and better light flicker/color rendering (more along the lines of the picture shown above). Cost is the same, but you get better visual effects.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X