• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: E3 Spark Plug Review

I don't have one...

Comment

MarkPetersonii,
      I took a look on the O'Reilly site for your 2007 G6, which should have the VVT engine.

It shows the same plug for your engine as mine.

I would assume the E3 plugs would give similar benefits to your car.
      Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.
      -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Granite6
        MarkPetersonii,
        I took a look on the O'Reilly site for your 2007 G6, which should have the VVT engine.

It shows the same plug for your engine as mine.

I would assume the E3 plugs would give similar benefits to your car.
        Why thank you! HAHA I didn't know I had the VVT engine! How do you know what engine you have?
        I think I'll have to check out those E3 plugs!

Comment

Mark,
          From what I know you have the VVT since the 2007 3.5L are "all" supposed to be VVT. I say "All" because many times product changes don't exactly coincide with a model year. Maybe one of the resident experts like Blackrider can verify this. There may even be an engine code designation in your VIN number that would verify it.

Take a look at this link viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18640

I'm jealous , to get my engine to perform like your 3.5L (201 hp vs 224 hp on yours) I would have to spend about $1000.00 in upgrades (exhaust, chip, Cold Air Intake etc).
          Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.
          -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Wow, you are full of information! Thank you!

Comment

yeah you do have VVT

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by Granite6
                I'm jealous , to get my engine to perform like your 3.5L (201 hp vs 224 hp on yours) I would have to spend about $1000.00 in upgrades (exhaust, chip, Cold Air Intake etc).
                The 2007+ 3.5 V6 uses more gas but the increase in performance is negligible.

Comment

Originally posted by jierroman
                  I want to change my spark plugs as well and ive been considering the bosch iridium fusion

They seem pretty good, being +4 w/ titanium & iridium...

Which do you guys think I should choose?
                  Generally speaking, Bosch plugs are better suited for European cars than American or Japanese cars, where they tend to be more trouble-prone.

Comment

I can't believe that spark plugs would make this much of a difference. I was planning on getting them, then decided that they weren't worth it but I am going to do it now. Hopefully the difference in performance is good!!!

Comment

the different i felt with the ir fusion's was a little more 'go' around 5000 rpms. if they were installed without my knowing, would i have felt a difference? i dont know.
                      '08 3.5 lz4
                      Custom fenderwell CAI
                      FIRST G6 TO USE COILOVERS
                      Megan Racing coilovers
                      Addco Rear Sway Bar
                      Racingline strut-bar installed
                      Racingline MMI's installed

Comment

Price: $5.99 X 6
                        Purchased From: O'reilly's - they have/had a coupon if you buy 4 you can send in for a free E3 lawnmower plug.

Installation: A pain when it wasn't even necessary. I could not torque the plugs to specs because of limited access, especially in the rear (Reminds me of my ex)
                        Installation Time: 45 min with new plug wires.
                        Any Installation Tips You Have: (optional) Label your plugs - even tyhough I pulled them off one at a time, I still managed to put them back on in the wrong order. Plus it took me another 30 min to find the cylinder #'s

Quality of Part: (rate 1-10) - 5
                        Product Performance: (rate 1-10) - 5 (average)
                        Would you Recommend to Others: No. They work fine, but if you can get a stock replacement (AC delco) plug for cheaper, do it.

Any Other Comments:

I replaced my plugs in my 3.5 with the E3's the beginning of the summer. They DID NOT improve my miles per gallon, or if so my AC offset the fuel efficiency gained. They also DID NOT improve the acceleration or response of the vehicle. I did this in conjunction with new wires because my fuel efficiency has gotten so bad. Of course, the plugs were NOT the problem with fuel efficiency.

Comment

Did you disconnect your batteries negative terminal to reset the combustion ratio?

Comment

E3's are a joke! You're probably getting better gas mileage because you have new plugs, it'll change as you drive more. Have fun trying to pull those plugs out after 50k+ miles w/o any anti-seize....

1994 Civic - 1995 240SX - (GTO sold)
                            There are cars that take you from point A to point B, and then there are cars that eat your family, worship Satan, and purposefully transmit STDs.

Comment

Working...
                            X