X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 3.6 ltr.

Just for the 3.6 ltr.

Re: G6 3.6 ltr.

Ok, well since this topic is gettin no love, I'll kick it off. Chris, what's the word on a retune for the intake manifold spacer?
    Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
    Originally posted by schenko
    If I could have a woody, I would.

Comment

3.6L
      ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

O it's getin love alright Thank's for the help GT-R Here's my contrabution it was a thread i started that everybody told me had already been talked about which is why i requested this sticky.

So far there is no supercharger or turbo kits for the G6 3.6 LY7 yet. But our ausie friends have started building them for the holden commodore V6(a.k.a G. Which has the same 3.6l alloytec (a.k.a LY7) as our g6's though they are RWD and not FWD so the kit wont work for us. But what this say's to me is that it is safe to do with a good tune. The research ive been doing has led me to belive we can run around 8psi safely with our 10:2:1 compression. Which should be good for 40-50t hp gains (at least) on high octane pump gas. If anybody else has info to add please do. And if im wrong please correct me (just not on spelling i know i suck at that LOL). I added a few links to the kit's and will try and add some vids i found on Youtube.

p.s if anybody know's how to convert KW to HP please look at the charts on thease sites and do the conversions

[youtube:3mrpjflv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW3V7jFPV2g[/youtube:3mrpjflv]

[youtube:3mrpjflv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rge-5AYbDgU[/youtube:3mrpjflv]

[youtube:3mrpjflv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crSGsdsKogA[/youtube:3mrpjflv] Thats a quick 0-100
        G6 GTP 07 3.6L, 6spd manumatic,Custom intake, dropped, on 20"s, debadged.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3169011

Comment

My 3.6 is getting some love. Here are some Pooner's School of Photography engine pics.

Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
          - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
          - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

damn. what the hell r u gettin done to it?
            ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

Originally posted by G6GTP07
              O it's getin love alright Thank's for the help GT-R Here's my contrabution it was a thread i started that everybody told me had already been talked about which is why i requested this sticky.

So far there is no supercharger or turbo kits for the G6 3.6 LY7 yet. But our ausie friends have started building them for the holden commodore V6(a.k.a G. Which has the same 3.6l alloytec (a.k.a LY7) as our g6's though they are RWD and not FWD so the kit wont work for us. But what this say's to me is that it is safe to do with a good tune. The research ive been doing has led me to belive we can run around 8psi safely with our 10:2:1 compression. Which should be good for 40-50 hp gains on high octane pump gas. If anybody else has info to add please do. And if im wrong please correct me (just not on spelling i know i suck at that LOL). I added a few links to the kit's and will try and add some vids i found on Youtube.

p.s if anybody know's how to convert KW to HP please look at the charts on thease sites and do the conversions

[youtube:21z6rfg7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW3V7jFPV2g[/youtube:21z6rfg7]

[youtube:21z6rfg7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rge-5AYbDgU[/youtube:21z6rfg7]

[youtube:21z6rfg7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crSGsdsKogA[/youtube:21z6rfg7] Thats a quick 0-100
              I'm gonna go out on a limb and say at 8psi we'd see more than a 40-50hp increase. When I had my grand am I could've gotten a RSM supercharger kit for it using a vortech supercharger which was supposed to give an extra 75-80hp at the wheels on 7psi. I'd imagine 8psi on the 3.6 would give at least that, mabe a little more.

Comment

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say at 8psi we'd see more than a 40-50hp increase. When I had my grand am I could've gotten a RSM supercharger kit for it using a vortech supercharger which was supposed to give an extra 75-80hp at the wheels on 7psi. I'd imagine 8psi on the 3.6 would give at least that, mabe a little more
                Well it's just a guess and that probably is a undershot but that's how i like it b/c when it end's up being better it make's it so much more fun.

Comment

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say at 8psi we'd see more than a 40-50hp increase. When I had my grand am I could've gotten a RSM supercharger kit for it using a vortech supercharger which was supposed to give an extra 75-80hp at the wheels on 7psi. I'd imagine 8psi on the 3.6 would give at least that, mabe a little more
                  Well it's just a guess and that probably is a undershot but that's how i like it b/c when it end's up being better it make's it so much more fun.
                  True. I wasn't trying to shoot anyone down, just trying to get a more accurate prediction if someone would do this. And since no one has, mine is just a guess too. lol

Comment

Originally posted by coolmanvette75
                    Well upon removal of the motor, the shop it is at discovered a spun number 6 rod bearing and stretched timing chains. So I am having all the bearings replaced along with all the timing chain components. Also having some other stuff done to it while the motor is out.

Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                    - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                    - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Originally posted by steelgraygtp
                      Originally posted by coolmanvette75
                      Well upon removal of the motor, the shop it is at discovered a spun number 6 rod bearing and stretched timing chains. So I am having all the bearings replaced along with all the timing chain components. Also having some other stuff done to it while the motor is out.

Looks like someone is looking for the 13's
                      My Car Domain
                      Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Originally posted by assassin10133

So far there is no supercharger or turbo kits for the G6 3.6 LY7 yet. But our ausie friends have started building them for the holden commodore V6(a.k.a G. Which has the same 3.6l alloytec (a.k.a LY7) as our g6's though they are RWD and not FWD so the kit wont work for us. But what this say's to me is that it is safe to do with a good tune. The research ive been doing has led me to belive we can run around 8psi safely with our 10:2:1 compression. Which should be good for 40-50 hp gains on high octane pump gas. If anybody else has info to add please do. And if im wrong please correct me (just not on spelling i know i suck at that LOL). I added a few links to the kit's and will try and add some vids i found on Youtube.

[youtube:20erfwo2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW3V7jFPV2g[/youtube:20erfwo2]

[youtube:20erfwo2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rge-5AYbDgU[/youtube:20erfwo2]

[youtube:20erfwo2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crSGsdsKogA[/youtube:20erfwo2] Thats a quick 0-100
                        I'm gonna go out on a limb and say at 8psi we'd see more than a 40-50hp increase. When I had my grand am I could've gotten a RSM supercharger kit for it using a vortech supercharger which was supposed to give an extra 75-80hp at the wheels on 7psi. I'd imagine 8psi on the 3.6 would give at least that, mabe a little more.
                        Possibly. I have no doubt that the 3.6 is a beast, but the tranny it's hooked up to may not hold the power. I think we'd be safe with 50. 70-80 and I'd expect it to grenade.
                        "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                        ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                        SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

For reference here is a start to a list of mods already available for the 3.6L

Mods:
                          ECM / TCM Tune
                          Cold Air Intake / Box
                          GT-R Exhaust
                          Mace Manifold Insulator

Things we are working on:
                          Headers - viewtopic.php?f=32&t=26932&start=0
                          Intake manifold mods
                          2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
                          1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Possibly. I have no doubt that the 3.6 is a beast, but the tranny it's hooked up to may not hold the power. I think we'd be safe with 50. 70-80 and I'd expect it to grenade.
                            I agree with that but heck 50 more hp and we should see 13's there has been some great time's posted basicly stock ranging from 14.8-14.3. And im sure the tranny will have performance parts coming out soon if not already, to counter act anything above that. But you can only go a lil further with the motor also before going to a lower compression and stronger part's up top. So 50-60 hp would be great for most people's application's.

Comment

2009 3.6L mods?

hi,

I'm looking to make some mods to the 6, but I'm having a hard time finding them. I thought by now there would be some aftermarket goodies available for the 09's. I want to start with a CAI, I seen the crab & it looks good, just like to have more options.

Will the older cars CAI's work on the 09? I also need to put some stripes on the 6. All white is to much WHITE. ANyother links or info on the goodies would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                              X