This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G6 3.6 ltr.

Alright, so I could do the install myself with some jack stands a floor jack and tools?

Also if I go ahead with the motor mounts, would I want new tranny mounts too?

Thanks for all the info guys, Im appriciating all of it

Comment

Originally posted by HopkinsGXP27
      Alright, so I could do the install myself with some jack stands a floor jack and tools?

Also if I go ahead with the motor mounts, would I want new tranny mounts too?

Thanks for all the info guys, Im appriciating all of it
      Yep, all you need is a floor jack and jack stands and lots of patience.

Technically, these are tranny mounts, not motor mounts. Everybody just calls them motor mounts because they prevent the motor from moving And these are just inserts that close the open space on your mounts. You see once you get them
      2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
      1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

There's my write-up of the how-to, since I was the testbed. Hope that helps.
        "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
        ~~GWAR's description of Hell
        SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Thanks, Im going to order them and install them two weeks over my fall break. Im also putting in my crabs intake, front pipe upgrade, and "tigermouth" air ram at that same time. I'll be lovin my g6 afterwards.

The two capacitors go in the trunk this saturday

Comment

Ive got another question for all the knowledgable 3.6ers out there. How can I go about getting between 300 and 315 wheel horsepower. I know Im doing a crabs CAI and FPU plus the "tigermouth" air ram, along with an exhaust system(probibly GT-R) and a WAMS tune. Ive also ordered motor mount inserts and a strut bar, but I don't think all this is going to get me up into the power range I would like to be at.

Anything else I could do to get to around 315 horsepower atthe wheels???

Comment

It is going to take a lot to get to 300 WHP. I'm not sure it can be done NA without a lot of custom work. I am having a lot of work done now and I'm not expecting more than 250 wheel. Even that, though, would be a significant improvement over stock.

You should get in on the group buy for the headers, BTW.

Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
              - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
              - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

NOS or turbo/sc. Thats about it unless you build the internals insanilly.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                4 door mafia
                93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
                8000k hid's
                Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                Rotofab cai and radiator cover
                13.207@107.11
                330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

I looked around the forums for a headers group buy for the 3.6L... and I couldn't a single thing on it.

Mind pointing me in the right direction?

Comment

I looked around the forums for a headers group buy for the 3.6L... and I couldn't a single thing on it.

Mind pointing me in the right direction?
                    CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

Anybody have any idea around how much it would cost to get new heads and camc for the 3.6?

Has anyone talked about getting a group by going? Would there be enough interest?

I think with CAI, exhaust, catless/highflow headers, new heads and cams, MMIs, and a 93 tune then we could be right at 300hp to the wheels

Comment

Anybody have any idea around how much it would cost to get new heads and camc for the 3.6?

Has anyone talked about getting a group by going? Would there be enough interest?

I think with CAI, exhaust, catless/highflow headers, new heads and cams, MMIs, and a 93 tune then we could be right at 300hp to the wheels
                        There is a guy in New York that has the Saturn Aura XR that is to provide heads and cams for around $2500. He's looking for interest. If you want, I can point you in his direction.
                        2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
                        1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Interested!

Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                          - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                          - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

$2500 No thanks! If I had 2500 laying around, Ill trade in the 6 for an 8 GT or Gto.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                            4 door mafia
                            93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
                            8000k hid's
                            Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                            Rotofab cai and radiator cover
                            13.207@107.11
                            330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

Ive got another question for all the knowledgable 3.6ers out there. How can I go about getting between 300 and 315 wheel horsepower. I know Im doing a crabs CAI and FPU plus the "tigermouth" air ram, along with an exhaust system(probibly GT-R) and a WAMS tune. Ive also ordered motor mount inserts and a strut bar, but I don't think all this is going to get me up into the power range I would like to be at.

Anything else I could do to get to around 315 horsepower atthe wheels???
                              One thing to consider:

I believe the transmissions we have are rated to only about 300bhp (I could be wrong on this). As such, that might be a limiting factor. I know, though, we only have about a 50hp window above stock. While it may be possible to install another transmission that can mount to a traverse 3.6 LY7 that can take more power, I don't think anyone had done it, nor has built up our current transmission/drivetrain.

Another thing to consider is that an unfortunate attitude about many members here, as opposed to some mod communities, is that there isn't a faction of people who do complete nutso mods to the 6'ers/Epsilon platform that goes above and beyond the value of it--i.e. "Why do a RWD conversion and drop in an <xxx> engine (and all supporting mods)" when you can just buy a <yyy> car?" is a prevalent atttitude here. "Because you can." isn't a good enough answer here. So, if you try something nuts, you'll likley be flying solo and few members here will think it's worth it.

Me, while I don't have the cash outlay do do any mods I'd really want, I figure "Because you can if you have enough cash" is a fine reason. Some may not see it as such. After all, If you can get your 6'er down to a 6 or 7 in the 1/4 mile, while you may have dropped a buttload (or for those that do metric, a shit-ton) of cash, to me, that makes it worth it--especially if it's still streetable.
                              "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                              ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                              SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Totally As for the transmission though, it is still unknown what it can take powerwise. GM just threw that number out there, I think it can take more. They have shown they can build an automatic tranny pretty well. If it can't hold power, I'll send it out and have it built.

And because I can, I dropped 2 large on porting and polishing the heads and upper and lower intake manifold.

Comment

Working...
                                X