This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: G6 3.6 ltr.

^ I wouldnt think so. It doesnt take the temp down that much to cause any type of harm to the transmission even in Winter.
    If your gonna put money on the transmission, I would do gearing or building of the tranny/..

Comment

Thought maybe we could get some more convo on this thread, i'm relatively new here. I just stalk a lot of threads but don't post. I have a black 08 gxp that I would like to start modding. Currently trying to decide between tunes... any preferences?

Comment

if your going to get a tune, get all the other little mods first like intake exhaust. then get the WAMS tune whichever you prefer or is more available in your area. i went with the 93 octane tune.
        Performance: Wams 93 Octane tune, Racingline STB, Racingline MMI's, Racingline Grounding Kit, Vibrant Catback Exhaust, Drilled Slotted Rotors, CAI, throttle body spacer, And alot of other little stuff

Appearance: Red led under dash, Red led map and dome lights, gxp vinyl on third brake light, vinyl strip on the windshield, painted red calipers, DDM 35W 6k lows, DDM 35W 10k Highs, DDM 35W 3k fogs, altezza taillights, 15% tint all around.

Comment

Originally posted by xelite8x View Post
          Thought maybe we could get some more convo on this thread, i'm relatively new here. I just stalk a lot of threads but don't post. I have a black 08 gxp that I would like to start modding. Currently trying to decide between tunes... any preferences?

Like Tanker mentioned you want to get our WAMS tune with the highest available octane you have in your area and since you are local that would be 93
          Chris White
          http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
          2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
          2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
          2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
          2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
          2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

I'm looking into exhaust right now, not quite sure what to get. I'm already getting a cai, sadly not crabs Don't know too much about a high flow cat to 3" piping back to better muffler to 3.5" tips? or would that be raspy with no res? I want to find somebody to trade my rims with as well... plus wams is having a sale on their tunes!
            Last edited by xelite8x; 11-14-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

hey guys, i hear everyone talking about this GT-R exhaust? where do you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by GXP_Mild_Modder View Post
                hey guys, i hear everyone talking about this GT-R exhaust? where do you get it?
                It's not made anymore. You'll have to find someone that has it for sale.
                Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

Im always open for offers on mine! Lolol
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
                    Im always open for offers on mine! Lolol
                    How much would you let it go for?
                    Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

yeah samzies, how much you want for it?

Comment

Honestly guys, all I did was resonator delete and magna flow dual out muffler and I absolutely loved it and it was very reasonable.
                        g6 gtp with a 3.6l vvt...tinted all the way around, custom upper/lower grill inserts, 8000k hid low beams, 10000k hid fogs, red brake calipers, custom engine cover silver flame stripes and icon outlines, led interior dome and map lights, red neon lights under dash and back seats, audiobahn 10" powered sub, crabs, racingline stb, grounding kit, mmi's, 91 wams tune, silver eyelids, resonator delete and magnaflow muffler with magnaflow tips, gtp windshield banner, larger custom made g6 performance decal on back window and custom front lip

Comment

Hey guys if ya didn't know I traded in my 3.6l. I've posted some stuff just for our engine in the For Sale section. I may be able to get pics today of my exhaust so I can post it for sale.
                          My Car Domain
                          Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

So I came across this part for the 3.6 and decided to toss it out there if the 3.6 community would like to check into it further.
                            Dayco race performance 20% underdrive pulley p/n PBU1177SS20
                            I only went far enough into checking to make sure that p/n is for a 3.6. I was going to post the application sheet again but I can't find it again and have lost interest on checking any more. The application sheet I looked at specifically had a pontiac g6 3.6 listed with the appropriate engine code but I can't remember what it was.

Comment

So I came across this part for the 3.6 and decided to toss it out there if the 3.6 community would like to check into it further.
                              Dayco race performance 20% underdrive pulley p/n PBU1177SS20
                              I only went far enough into checking to make sure that p/n is for a 3.6. I was going to post the application sheet again but I can't find it again and have lost interest on checking any more. The application sheet I looked at specifically had a pontiac g6 3.6 listed with the appropriate engine code but I can't remember what it was.

Comment

here is some other stuff for us not sure if somone posted somthing like this already cause didnt read all 19 pages

Comment

Working...
                                X