• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G6 3.9 ltr.

3.6 VVT Headers

Comment

Actually 07GTPblackandtan already posted about these headers. Too much stuff to read on here! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by 3500cavgtp
        I also found out when I had my 6 on the rack the other day the front and rear manual trans mount may be able to use Cavalier polyurethane manual inserts. NOT 100%. But they measured out to be the same size. I'm gona buy another set after I complete my 3500 Cavalier Swap and post if they work.
        we already have Motor mount inserts (MMIs) for this made by racingline......can be had in street or race series. i just installed the race series and they are awesome

Comment

he is talking about trans mounts man. not motor mounts.

Comment

Actually they are trans mount inserts.
            Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
            - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
            - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Originally posted by 3500cavgtp
              Actually my 06 3900 is a guinea pig for a twin turbo kit being developed by Milzy Motorsports. He has also already made headers for the 3.6 vvt. I'll post a pic when I can. He also can tune the ECU for the 3500 and 3900s. NON VENDOR LINK REMOVED. He is working on eng internals for the 3900. There will be ported heads, ported upper and lower intake and larger camshaft options. I also found out when I had my 6 on the rack the other day the front and rear manual trans mount may be able to use Cavalier polyurethane manual inserts. NOT 100%. But they measured out to be the same size. I'm gona buy another set after I complete my 3500 Cavalier Swap and post if they work.
              So your the guy, I was talking to Mike last week about such things. How is he coming along with his 3900 swap and build. Billet crank must look pretty..
              Progression Thread:
              viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31257

Comment

I've heard it's extremely difficult/impossible to turbo these cars because they can't handle the boost.
                What if I run it at low boost? Like 6-8 psi? Would I be safe at that?

Comment

not even 3psi doctor speed got it i dont think the ecm can be tuned for so much air port and polished heads screw with it even dyno tuned
                  Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                  JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

At wot tech they have a ported lower manifold...worth the money for theb3900 is will I givebproblems like the upper as I read
                    2006 Black GTP Coupe, One of the First Hammerhead Spoilers on here. Gm Strut Bar, Doctor Speed CAB and Stage 4 . Black out upper grille and black logos, Tinted Black Euro's, Painted black Headlights with blacked out corners and Led's,10,000 K HID Low-Beams, GT-R Cat-Back Exhaust System,Racingline performance moto mounts inserts, power slot rotors and hawks.Eclipse 4 channel amp powering Alpine Type-S speakers, 93 oct tune, GM HSRK, RaceineLinePerformance Ground Kit.

Comment

Forged internals low compression and stand alone i.e. mega squirt

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightG6 View Post
                        At wot tech they have a ported lower manifold...worth the money for theb3900 is will I givebproblems like the upper as I read
                        First time reading all this and I gotta say....HUH???
                        CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g6gt2009 View Post
                          Forged internals low compression and stand alone i.e. mega squirt
                          a few people have tried, all have failed or given up. hell even the 4 banger turbo was having issues. best of luck to anyone who wants to try this.
                          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

^ I've heard mixed reviews on megasquirt. Had a guy successfully build one here at school for his car but he said in his searches he found mixed outcomes as well.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui0gUMMcxWI here is the video on the 3.9
                              It may not be a jet, I am on a airplane 4 times a month and there is not
                              a single one that rides so smooth or is as comfortable,
                              as my 6......
                              so I will stay fly
                              I dont need a jet to say
                              Im fly like a G6

Comment

i would just like to boost everyone's moral over in the 3.9 section....the 6 speed trans that most 3.9's have will with stand a v8's power so this is the motor of choice to tinker with for performance without buying a news overhauled trans and heres some proof
                                Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                                JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X