This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: G6 2.4 ltr

Thanks CruisinG6. helps with my choice. did you notice a difference with the 3" intake?
    Gee

Comment

My intake only really made things louder. Throttle response felt better too. But the tune is what really opened it up. I ran a 2.5" MAF insert before I got the tune as well.

Comment

So has any 2.4 6er attempted a Cobalt SS complete swap? That would be pretty cool. 5 speed supercharged or turbocharged G6. I have a few friends with both the sc and tc types. The tc one is ok but I LOVE the supercharger whine.

Ok answer this...what all is interchangable from the cobalt? Like engine parts, suspension or anything.

07 G6 base model 2.4L
        Mods: Duraflex Bodykit / IPP Carbon Fiber Hood / tranny cooler / AVS window visors...more to come

Comment

Originally posted by baseg6 View Post
          So has any 2.4 6er attempted a Cobalt SS complete swap? That would be pretty cool. 5 speed supercharged or turbocharged G6. I have a few friends with both the sc and tc types. The tc one is ok but I LOVE the supercharger whine.

Ok answer this...what all is interchangable from the cobalt? Like engine parts, suspension or anything.
          I don't know of anyone who did a complete swap into a G6. But I do know the 2.4 is limited in power because of its internals.
          I've read about cobalt guys taking internals from the 2.0 Turbo and plopping them into the 2.4. It lowers the displacement but it'll handle much more boost.
          I also don't know for sure but I think the 2.0 cobalt Turbo motor has a different PCM. I believe it has direct injection and a cam shaft mounted fuel pump that can deliver serious pressure. That motor also sports a forged crank and slightly beefier rods.
          I've been leaning towards turbo myself, but the supercharger whine is pretty awesome, almost as awesome as a blow off valve lol.
          Thing is you require more boost with SC to make the same power a Turbo motor can make with less boost.

As far as interchangeable parts go. Any bolt on for the 2.4 ss looks like it would also for the g6. May need some modifications.
          I think the front struts might also fit our car, not really sure about anything else... aside from the brembos.

Comment

Awesome...like always thank you for all the great info!

07 G6 base model 2.4L
            Mods: Duraflex Bodykit / IPP Carbon Fiber Hood / tranny cooler / AVS window visors...more to come

Comment

No problem. I've been doing gobs of research on the ecotec line. there's always more to learn but I enjoy sharing my knowledge.

Comment

There are surprisingly few people I see with a base G6 with a WAMS tune and an intake, I cant wait to see a difference!

Comment

<------ I'm a base g6 with a tune, but have yet to get my vin changed to it.
                  Last edited by baseg6; 02-25-2014, 04:31 PM.

07 G6 base model 2.4L

Comment

<------ I'm a base g6 with a tune, but have yet to get my vin changed to it.
                    Hope its not in the car. Would hate to see what happens when you go to sell the car and someone checking it over happens to see the tamper/module substation flag and you have to explain it away since the first root cause of that in most peoples minds is odometer fraud LOL Not to mention LE5's OF THE SAME YEAR (2007 for instance) have different injectors depending on when they were built so you could be slowly royally screwing your car...
                    Last edited by GTPprix; 02-25-2014, 04:49 PM.
                    Chris White
                    http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                    2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                    2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                    2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                    2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                    2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

No worries...I simply bought a tuned PCM and it's sitting on the shelf. I've got to send the PCM to you to get the number changed. I've just been uber busy.

I had the PCM for sale at another site but there was no interest.

07 G6 base model 2.4L

Comment

No worries...I simply bought a tuned PCM and it's sitting on the shelf. I've got to send the PCM to you to get the number changed. I've just been uber busy.

I had the PCM for sale at another site but there was no interest.
                        Phew ok don't want to get dragged into another one of those scenarios ever again lol
                        Chris White

Comment

The pcm would work without a vin update?

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
                            The pcm would work without a vin update?
                            Properly no it can cause a bunch of issues just making sure people were aware of that lol
                            Chris White

Comment

Oh alright. Gotchya

Comment

Originally posted by baseg6
                                I have 2.4 wams tuned PCM and tcm up for grabs. It's the 93 octane tune. Don't really want the 93 tune, I would be happy with 89 octane but I don't want to pay for a new tune PLUS the vin change. Please pm me ASAP. I posted this here because it's specific to the 2.4L. It's for a 2007 2.4...idk if this makes a difference.
                                I may be interested, but I think Chris mentioned that it had to be same year.. Or at least I seem to remember that from somewhere. If he says it's compatible we can probably make a deal.
                                Mods: Injen CAI w/injen tune built in, intake resonator delete, badge delete. (Saving up for exhaust, WAMS tune, and wheels next) interested in buying on here if anyone has any of these available.

Comment

Working...
                                X