This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G6 2.4 ltr

LOL get a new MAF (or MAP? LOL) to fix the problem? Seriously?

Heres an idea how about someone designs an intake that isnt a pile of shit that skews the MAF OVER 25%? How about doing the RIGHT thing rather than working around shitty products? LOL
    Chris White
    http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
    2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
    2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
    2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
    2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Here is an idea Chris, how about you build an intake and I will just buy it from you. When you explain it that way it sounds so easy, when can I expect you to have mine ready?
      Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

The only lady im gonna be pimpin from now on, is sweet lady propane!-Hank Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Curtismaximus123
        Here is an idea Chris, how about you build an intake and I will just buy it from you. When you explain it that way it sounds so easy, when can I expect you to have mine ready?
        Sure! You front all the development funds for all 10-20 people that may buy one for a 2.4L G6 (and then subtract the 15 people that said they would buy one and mysteriously go broke or cant be found when the product is done ) and I'll have one done and to market in 30 days.

I'm not really in the business of losing money and a 2.4L G6 intake isn't exactly something that's a worthwhile investment Hence why I told you to put the stock one back on and not worry about it. The sound really isn't worth the LOSS in power from running that lean, the codes ect.

Now that said YOU could probably build a better intake using tubing than whats currently out there, check some coupler sizes tubing size ect and see what you come up with
        Chris White

Comment

I agree, it is just hard to deal with the fact that I bought a $300 Intake that's worthless. I wasn't trying to be a dick, i am just frustrated, that all.
          Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

Comment

I know how you feel man If I could get a car locally with one I can fix it but doing that one blind is just too risky, anyone in MI have a sixer with this intake?
            Chris White

Comment

If I get my hands on a intake, id love to come up. Ill even bring up my polisher and drive your G8 GXP... i mean...polish it..
              Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

DO IT FISH! DO IT!

Comment

I just got in my Jet Performance MAF Sensor and I can't get the old sensor out of the connector? Need Help ASAP! I have read sometimes they are glued together but i could swear I removed it before when I installed the intake?

Comment

it's called pulling!!!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                    I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Never mind! Got it! Just had to push on it the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtismaximus123
                        Never mind! Got it! Just had to push on it the right way.
                        Thats what SHE said!!!

Any who congrats!!!

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                        I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Why did you get a JET MAF sensor?

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
                          you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
                          CarDomainMySpace

Comment

Originally posted by danmccormick87
                            I'm guessing he was trying to skew the MAF even further out of line with stock...
                            Chris White

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix
                              Originally posted by danmccormick87
                              I'm guessing he was trying to skew the MAF even further out of line with stock...
                              Hmmm, I would have to say so, my JET MAF didn't do diddly for my car, well I take that back, it increased throttle response for oh, bout 5 mins, then the computer relearned and told me to eff off and the CEL came back on, so no luck... guess we all gotta learn somehow though, so best of luck and let us know how the JET works for you

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
                              you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
                              CarDomainMySpace

Comment

Alrighty... got the new Jet MAF in and I rode around town for about 30 mins and threw the Lean Code again! F! Well I reset it and drove to the next town over to go bowling tonight and I didn't throw the Code! The drive is about 20mins Highway and 10mins in town and I drove there and back. So about an hour of driving total. I know I will throw it again but it is def. taking a lot longer to throw!

Comment

Working...
                                X