This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: G6 2.4 ltr

Thank you much...very informative as usual.

07 G6 base model 2.4L
    Mods: Duraflex Bodykit / IPP Carbon Fiber Hood / tranny cooler / AVS window visors...more to come

Comment

I try. The 4 Banger has potential. Its just a bitch getting it lol

Comment

Super awesome double post!

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
          I try. The 4 Banger has potential. Its just a bitch getting it lol
          M62 isn't too difficult, almost wished I had the 4 banger just so I could do that
          Last edited by theshibbykumquat; 11-21-2013, 02:21 AM.
          Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Originally posted by theshibbykumquat View Post
            M62 isn't too difficult, almost wished I had the 4 banger just so I could do that
            Oh yea, I researched the hell out of it.
            One thing I found out is in 2007 GM switched to weaker rods. So ZZP is saying the 2.4 is good on stock internals up to 260whp, which is with a turbo setup pushing about 8psi.
            To get 260whp with the m62 you'd have to dial up the boost to about 12psi, If the motor is only good to 260whp @ 8psi turbo'd, then pushing 12 with a SC is more likely to blow it.

So personally I'm leaning towards a turbo setup now, I'm so far set on using the Garret T3 but everything is still up in the air. I just received some good news regarding air-ride so I'm pretty tempted to just start saving allllllllll my cash to try and make that happen sooner than later.

Comment

This is an old thread but i wanted to ask you CruisinG6 where did you buy the piping for you CAI?
              Last edited by Gee4o8; 12-30-2013, 03:10 AM.
              Gee

Comment

Originally posted by Gee4o8 View Post
                This is an old thread but i wanted to ask you CruisinG6 where did you buy the piping for you CAI?
                Its all aluminum or rubber/silicone parts from Spectre and a part of a cheapo eBay intake. The top pipe is from autozone and was cut a bit shorter. The 90 degree elbow and MAF adapter are from amazon. And the bent piece that drops the filter behind the bumper came from a $75 kit from eBay for the cobalt SS.

That $75 kit had a poorly welded MAF adapter and it dropped down to 2.5" AFTER the MAF. I wanted 3" from filter to TB. This also required a tune as a larger intake on the 4 Banger will throw a cel.
                But the MAF adapter I used has an insert to bring the ID down enough for the MAF to work properly on the factory tune. I have a thread somewhere on it.

Comment

Its all aluminum or rubber/silicone parts from Spectre and a part of a cheapo eBay intake. The top pipe is from autozone and was cut a bit shorter. The 90 degree elbow and MAF adapter are from amazon. And the bent piece that drops the filter behind the bumper came from a $75 kit from eBay for the cobalt SS.

That $75 kit had a poorly welded MAF adapter and it dropped down to 2.5" AFTER the MAF. I wanted 3" from filter to TB. This also required a tune as a larger intake on the 4 Banger will throw a cel.
                  But the MAF adapter I used has an insert to bring the ID down enough for the MAF to work properly on the factory tune. I have a thread somewhere on it.
                  Thanks yea im planing on ordering a wams tune soon n wanted to get the tune set to the intake just looking for a good set up you kno
                  Gee

Comment

I hear that. Most "quality" intakes for the 2.4 are slightly smaller than mine to keep the tune closer to stock. After my intake and wams tune I was still seeing 30% fuel trim.

Comment

I hear that. Most "quality" intakes for the 2.4 are slightly smaller than mine to keep the tune closer to stock. After my intake and wams tune I was still seeing 30% fuel trim.
                      Since im getting the WAMS what would you say best size intake would be for it?
                      Gee

Comment

Something close to stock probably, like around 2.5"

Comment

jus remember, this is Cali (simple swap anyways). or are you going with the Injen?
                          Last edited by Ghost; 01-14-2014, 07:04 PM.

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

Just an fyi on the injen, its not carb approved yet so if you install it and have inspection you will fail. They said it should be approved sometime during the summer this year.

Comment

Yea that what im going to do just keep OEM parts n Smog time just swap. Idk if ima go Injen just becuz its not a full 3inch intake so im trying to figure out if im better off with just the injen with i think is 2.5inchs but im not sure.
                              Gee

Comment

My full 3" intake was running 30% fuel trims with my wams tune. Thought it was an issue but it turned out my tune needed to be tweaked.
                                30% trims meant it was compensating quite a bit for the extra air flow. After some tweaking I got em down closer to 0. Thing is its difficult to update the wams tune without actually being with chris.

Comment

Working...
                                X