Dyno Comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Comparisons

Mustang Dyno, Dynojet Dyno, and Superflow Chassis Dyno.... what are the differences between them?

I know Dynojet and Mustangs give out totally different results. I have not heard of a Superflow Chassis Dyno before I found this shop nearby that has the only one in my state apparently, and claims they are better than Mustang and Dynojet.

From their site.....
    Superflow is a leading manufacturer of Flow benches, Engine Dynamometers, two wheel drive and all wheel drive chassis dyno's. Our particular dyno is a two wheel drive in ground chassis dyno. It features a dual eddy current brake system which allows for readings of up to 1000 HP and a 200 mph top speed on the dyno! We can measure just about any data you can imagine with the Superflow system. The Dyno has a feature that you won't see at most other shops. We have a functional wind tunnel that blows 60 mph head winds at vehicles on the dyno. This paticular chassis dyno is used by many OEM and Aftermarket Parts companies because of it's real world accuracy. We have the Only Superflow Chassis Dyno in Connecticut.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Re: Dyno Comparisons

Dont know anything about superflow dynos. Mustang dynos are generally more acurate because theres alot more numbers put into the computer to give out an acuarate reading. DynoJet dynos generally are more ball park and read higher then mustang dynos because (correct me if am wrong) only put the wieght of the car in as only variable.

Now the flip side, on a mustang dyno if the person putting the numbers in and road resistance and stuff in doesnt know what there doing your numbers can be way off and very unrelistic. As a dynoJet as there only the one number so less to mess up and more consistant.

Mustang dynos car be very fun if you know the person that owns one and let you screw around with settings. When i mustang dynoed before on one run we turned off the road resistance setting on it before and ran my G6 0-60 and did it in 4.2 seconds
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I actually looked at it a bit more and found a nice thread on a Ford forum about it..

I've had experience with all three, there is only one that I prefer to use. If accurate comparisons can not be made, the value of the tool (the dyno) is greatly diminished.

Mustang Dynos can be adjusted by the user to read in traditional mustang dyno numbers (low), dynojet numbers (normal), or whatever the user wants to show. I've seen way too many suspiciously high numbers come out of mustang dynos to trust them.

I worked with three superflow dynos that were not putting out repeatable numbers and were not showing small changes in hp/tq, several tests and comparisons were done with an engineer from superflow present (at a very hefty price tag) and no determination could be made, so they bought a dynojet.

Dynojets are the most repeatable dynos out there due to their simple design and the numbers from them can not be messed with by the operator or anyone. Loading, sweep tests, and aerodynamic drag and vehicle weight can all be accounted for with the 224xLC unit.
      From other posts I also found that Superflow'd measuring and accuracy is usually closer to a Dynojet but puts out a tad bit higher numbers closer to a Mustang's... however there's that problem some of them have with not being able to repeat results.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I've used all three but only the MD and Dynojet in Automotive Applications (I tuned my bike on a Superflow). I'd say for repeatability Dynojet all the way
        Chris White
        http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
        2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
        2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
        2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
        2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
        2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Working...
        X