Will anyone mourn Pontiac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will anyone mourn Pontiac?

I'm not a big fan of Chevy either, my GF and my father have owned Malibu's and they were okay but nothing like the 6 or my uncle's GP GTP for that matter.
    However I'm very curious about the volt, but unfortunately I'm looking into buying a second car by the end of fall and my budget is very limited so I'll be looking retro into Pontiac's most fuel efficient... a Firefly!
    COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
    Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
    MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

Pontiac only represents around 15% of total GM sales and had been losing money for years so no ones is really going to care even if we all gave up on GM and shop elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
        Pontiac only represents around 15% of total GM sales and had been losing money for years so no ones is really going to care even if we all gave up on GM and shop elsewhere.
        Didn't the article on page 1 said that Pontiac had 2% of global market share?
        COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).

Comment

Yea. 15% of GM though. GM is not the only automaker worldwide though so therefore worldwide its just 2%
          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
          2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
            Yea. 15% of GM though. GM is not the only automaker worldwide though so therefore worldwide its just 2%
            Whatever. Still think that Buick should have been the one to go and switch its clients over to Caddy or Chevy.

Damn Chinese! (no offence to anyone)
            COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

Comment

Last month Pontiac sold 24,000cars. GMC sold 21,000, Buick like 7,000.
              Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
              386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
              2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

What were the profit margins on the cars sold though.. If they're better built cars, using better materials, etc. they'll have a higher cost to produce, but have lower profit margins to stay competitive in their markets.

I'd be curious as to how much money GM actually made from the 24,000 Pontiacs sold vs. the GMCs or Buicks. Volume only means so much when bean counters are involved.
                The Game - I lost it when I left myself logged into G6P at work when Erik was around

Comment

Hmmm, that sounds bout right, and it would make sense too, with GM booting Pontiac, cuz they do everything @$$ backwards

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
                  you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
                  CarDomainMySpace

Comment

Originally posted by coulomjo
                    Whatever. Still think that Buick should have been the one to go and switch its clients over to Caddy or Chevy.

Well like I said, Pontiac could've survived if executed properly.

Just that everybody at GM is sitting on their brain, with beancounters helping to kill the only left creativity and sense.
                    <-- Gray G6? Click!
                    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MPCentauri
                      What were the profit margins on the cars sold though.. If they're better built cars, using better materials, etc. they'll have a higher cost to produce, but have lower profit margins to stay competitive in their markets.

I'd be curious as to how much money GM actually made from the 24,000 Pontiacs sold vs. the GMCs or Buicks. Volume only means so much when bean counters are involved.
                      The same? As the only unique cars Pontiac had for the North American market were the Solstice (Shared with Saturn but since its gone, thats it) and the G8, which did cost a lot as its need to be shipped here from Oz cost $$$). They were planning to kill Kappa (Solstice and Sky) anyway as they broke even finally after like 3-4 years and didn't want to invest in updating them for such a small return. And the G8 would sell like hotcakes once the economy picked up... look now, you can't even find any G8 GXP's, and the G8 GT's are all gone just about too. Maybe 1 or 2 left on some lots but that's it, they all sold. It had amazing reviews, and everyone loved it! So they kill it and refuse to remake it as another GM car.

G5 = Cobalt, G6 = Malibu, G3 = Aveo.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

We will soon find out how much these car really cost and how much they cost to produce!
                        Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

The only lady im gonna be pimpin from now on, is sweet lady propane!-Hank Hill

Comment

Originally posted by coulomjo
                          Still think that Buick should have been the one to go and switch its clients over to Caddy or Chevy.

Well the Chinese saved Buick. Otherwise it would just be Chevy, Caddy, and GMC left. Pontiac was destined to go. GM had no heart to keep it alive and ran it to the ground. Just look at how much resources GM had spent on Pontiac versus the other brands in the last few years. It's the least loved division of GM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
                            Well the Chinese saved Buick. Otherwise it would just be Chevy, Caddy, and GMC left. Pontiac was destined to go. GM had no heart to keep it alive and ran it to the ground. Just look at how much resources GM had spent on Pontiac versus the other brands in the last few years. It's the least loved division of GM.

COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

Comment

Working...
                            X