Will anyone mourn Pontiac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will anyone mourn Pontiac?

All you GTO and G8 owners should consider doing this...

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/05/pont ... s-in-cali/

That should tell them we're not going to Chevy.
    <-- Gray G6? Click!
    2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
    2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by g6vert2008
      By contrast, owners of Pontiac SUVs, the G6 and the Grand Am will likely stay with GM, he says, because the purchases are not performance-oriented and buyers "are most likely connected to GM in some way."
      I opted for a G6 because it is a fun car to drive and I love the way it looks. There are some other Pontiacs that I absolutely love as well, but I can't say that about any other GM (aside from the Corvette, which I would never even consider getting). How can you feel connected with a manufacturer when all they do is let you down anyway? I won't feel bad at all when this decision comes back to bite them in the ass.

Comment

Another funny thing...

When Olds discontinued the upgrade path was Pontiac or Buick. I came to the G6 partly because of the Alero... And no, I'm not going to a Malibu.
        <-- Gray G6? Click!
        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
        2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
        Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by leaveitsmokin
          eh you guys are pretty harsh towards GM, they have screwed up alot in the past, but so has everyone else.

People need to not hold grudges so much with companies, what if you had given up on GM in the early 2000's when alot of other people did because of the horrible products that were coming out, you would have missed out on the recent vehicles g6, g8, solstice, new malibu, that are MUCH better than they were.

unfortunately a large majority of buyers had given up on GM already and that is why they lost such a market share and ended up in this situation, so all im saying is keep your mind open, as good things could be around the corner for GM
          In terms of marketing, pretty much no one screws up as much as GM. Olds, Pontiac, my two favorite GM brands....gone!!!

People gave up on GM way back in the 1980's. Actually, GM's products in the last 5 years or so have been very competitive and up to standard. Among all my relatives, friends, and co-workers, more people drive imports than domestics. I stick mostly with domestics but its funny how they all compliment on the cars I drive yet they won't buy them. People do hold grudges, that's the thing. Once loyalty and trust are lost it's hard to win back even if you have changed. Same with me, I love Bimmers, but after I had a couple of lemons I swear I will never buy another Bimmer again in my life.

The good thing is that GM is turning itself around and some people are beginning to give it a second look. I believe it will become successful, at least financially.

Comment

Check out the Pontiac Tribute Video

Comment

The sad part is, Pontiac just brought up from Australia, the best RWD/V8 car(G they have ever had.
              2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
              Forge Motorsports BPV
              CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
              HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
              HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

my next car will not be a GM as i dont really like anything else they offer. now i have grown quite fond of the new ford fusion and the nissan altima, so who knows what will be next for me
                2011 Toyota Camry- gunmetal gray-7,869 miles
                2008 Pontiac G6, white- 26,065 miles- traded in

Comment

also if i were to get a smaller car i would choose the 2011 fiesta over the 2011 cruze anyday. fords cars are getting sexier and sexier

Comment

Originally posted by cdipier2
                    also if i were to get a smaller car i would choose the 2011 fiesta over the 2011 cruze anyday. fords cars are getting sexier and sexier
                    I wouldn't say sexier but they are getting better but I still think I'm sticking with GM because even though I love Pontiac and hate them for what they did I don't think I can just give up on them like that.

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                    G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

the only reason im giving up on them is because nothing else really appeals to me. i wouldnt be able to afford any caddy. tahoe/suburban/yukon is way too big. malibu is nice but i cant see myself driving one. impala, hell no. etc...

the only other car besides the G6 that appealed to me was the Aura

Comment

See i respect that, you are looking at what is out there, not just holding a grudge..

yeah i love GM and out of the domestic brands, from my experiance they are the most reliable

but currently if i was going to buy a new car say model year 2009-2010 the only thing from gm i would buy is a camaro realistically anyway..

otherwise i would be looking to foriegn brands as well, i would go vw or mazda for a lower end car and either audi mitsu or subie for a higher priced car

i jsut dont believe in people holdiing grudges, i have inspired alot of my friends in the last year with my g6 and my grand prix, they were amazed that gm had made such a nice car
                        2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
                        2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
                        1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

The thing is there are select few cars I would buy in the lineup right now but I'm thinking my G6 is still gonna last as my daily at least another 5 years and by that time I'm sure they'll be something GM has to offer I'll love just like the 6

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                          G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo64
                            The thing is there are select few cars I would buy in the lineup right now but I'm thinking my G6 is still gonna last as my daily at least another 5 years and by that time I'm sure they'll be something GM has to offer I'll love just like the 6
                            I like an aggressive, sporty looking car and I can always count on something I like from Pontiac. Now that it is gone, sure I can find something from GM to replace my G6, but it would be something that is acceptable instead of something that I really love and feel excited about. I will also be shopping around more looking at Ford, Chrysler, and the imports.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom

I like an aggressive, sporty looking car
                              get a mitsu lancer looks like its possessed
                              2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
                              2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
                              1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

even chrysler is offering some better products. my grandfather picked up a brand new 09 jeep liberty on tuesday. suprisingly its a pretty nice truck. it has a special radio that has a 30gb hard drive that can hold music and pictures. i also really liked the one touch sunroof. the best part was that i got to drive it home from the dealer

Comment

Working...
                                X