"Pontiac" Survival Idea..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pontiac" Survival Idea..

So i was thinking the other day a way that "Pontiac" could live on..

GM was forced to kill the pontiac name and brand because it would have been to costly to maintain an entirely seperate brand, and wasnt the kind of brand that the government wanted to see survive since were paying for it.

Now imagine, give it a few years, and performance cars have a chance to come alive again, and Chev creates a seperate LINE of vehicles (kind of like SS but more seperated as the Corvette is not known as a Chevrolet.

Lets call it "G-Series" just so they could continue using the "G" names..
    It would be a performance/specialty line only and the cars would be UNIQUELY DESIGNED NOT REBADGES

G8 returns as is, upgraded obviously

G6 returns based on a RWD platform hopefully only a coupe, possibly built on same platform or similar to the Cadi Converj

G5 should some back as an AWD 3-5 door to take on imprezza/lancer/evo

G2 following suit would be fitting for a Solstice return..

I do not know Platform names and stuff so please let me know which would work, I believe that holden has a larger platform that they use that could be used for the G8 and the smaller platform currently used on the G8 used for the G6.

and continue on making other "g" cars...

The logo could be the Dart they used when the G8 was still a concept, it looked alot like the Pontiac Dart but was much cleaner looking, modern.

Just my thoughts, what do you guys think, it seems entirely possible IMO
    It may not sound likely, but with thier costs now being considerably lower because of wages and benefits being drastically lowered, in coming years GM will be able to become BETTER QUALITY and more affordable vehicles, and I have no doubt that they will try to regain marketshare by expanding once again, this would more a cheaper method than creating or resurecting a brand, and trying to make an entire brand seem profitable
    2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
    1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Re: "Pontiac" Survival Idea..

Sounds great in theory, we can only hope GM considers something similar to this... Great idea though

It's not about how fast you get to your destination, it's about how you many heads
    you turn when you get there...

My Progression Page
    CarDomainMySpace

Comment

...our only hope is that Lutz sticks around after all these new smucks including Fritz leave and he can revive Pontiac to some degree...
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Well thats why i think this is some kind of hope, as i truly do not see the Pontiac name ever being resurected, it would be very costly, where as introducing new models, is just introducing new models..

Corvette has its own logo why cant "g-series"
        mustang has its own logo, and the last two gen's didnt even have ford logos i believe..

making niche vehicles within a company is entirely possible, this would just be a LINE of niche vehicles..
        2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
        2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
        1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
          ...our only hope is that Lutz sticks around after all these new smucks including Fritz leave and he can revive Pontiac to some degree...

Wait till next year when GM realizes their sales are still in the crapper because no one wants to buy chevy since that's all they can afford.

Comment

Show of hands...how many of you want these?
            sigpic
            Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

^^^^^ where and how much ? who do I have to kill to get one in electric blue ?
              sigpic

Comment

The link...

third_shift|studios; custom car emblems and graphics made from show quality acrylic. GM Offical Licensed Products.

I can't find how to buy it!
                sigpic
                Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

I had a thread like this a while ago... but it's not just for Pontiac.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25130
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!
                  2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                  2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                  Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Re: &quot;Pontiac&quot; Survival Idea..

Not impossible, but it's much cheaper to maintain a brand than to resurrect a whole new nameplate. GM has to be in very good financial shape for that to happen. Right now there really is no one American sporty car brand, just the odd models from each manufacturer. The way the market is going right now, after a few years, no one would care if Pontiac ever comes back to life again. Just look at how many people miss Oldsmobile now? Like Oldsmobile, Pontiac's greatest history is behind us now. GM really could have made Pontiac work by keeping it as a niche brand but they didn't. They already ran Pontiac to the ground for the last 10 years. The best cars in GM's lineup (Solstice, G are now gone forever.

Comment

Must you remind me of Oldsmobile...

I still liked the Auroras.
                      <-- Gray G6? Click!
                      2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                      2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                      Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by thestig
                        Show of hands...how many of you want these?
                        call me stupid but what are these?
                        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

g8 concept darts

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

x2

AJ

missed the answer b4 i posted
                            De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
                            Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
                            Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
                            My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

"G5 should some back as an AWD 3-5 door to take on imprezza/lancer/evo "
                              I like that idea, gm needs a car to compete with those.

2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Coupe
                              1998 Buick LeSabre Custom

Comment

Working...
                              X