Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008 G6 40mph Stuttering

Originally posted by Hunter308 View Post
    Mine does something like that..every once in awhile it acts like it doesnt know weather to shift or not(auto)....i figure cause my cold air intake...hell idk.. plus mine is an 06
    i think i have the same problem but im not sure, i thought it was from the CAI also. it has made my engine light come on a few times, i plugged this thing into my computer and it said i have a misfire in the first cylinder, its got a weird idle and when im going up a small hill it freaks out :sad: idk it happemd when i tried putting premium gas in it... im just going to change my spark plugs and see if that solves the issue

Comment

I'm having the same issue with the stuttering around 1500-1900 rpms. It is especially bad when climbing a slight grade uphill or accelerating with very light pressure. Feels like it wants to shift but doesn't know if it should or not. Took the 2008 pontiac G6 3.5L 4 spd auto w/o tapshift to the dealer and they stated there is no new update for it, that its up to date. The mechanic that looked at it mentioned it may possibly be an engine issue as well. Have there been any new developments with this?

Comment

Hi All,
        We been having the same problem. Took it to the dealer and first they said, "No lights , no codes, no problem".
        I ask them to take a drive with it and the service manager told me they don't pay the mechanics to drive cars.
        So I called GM customer service. They got my car in but cannot find any problems. But they said nothing wrong with the transmission.
        I saw this lady with the same car (2008 G6 GT) she had the same problem and run around. SHe heard changing out the plugs and wires will fix it. She did it and fixed hers. I tried that but I still have the problem.

Comment

They replaced the torque converter, problem still there.

Comment

Mine does it occasionally when I do a rolling stop or going up hill. It's like it's not shifting right and when you do give it gas to get it going it acts like your flooring it. I did a rolling stop this morning and it did and I gave it gas and I about lost it cause I spun tire then it caught. Gm dealership said the same thing, no code no problem. At least I'm not the only one with the problem.
            Traded G6 - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17590
            2006 G6 V6, 12" vinyl strip along windshield, 5% tint on all around, painted mirrors, Eibach Pro-Kit, CRABS Option 3, Dr. Speed FPU, 8k Highs/Lows with halogen fogs, tinted tails, custom Flowmaster 44 exhaust with resonator delete, and a Kenwood headunit along with a metra kit.

New Car - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22863
            2009 Cobalt SS/TC, K&N SRI, ZZP catless DP, EFR 6758, Polished TC wheels, Injen Charge pipes, Retros, HPTuned, etc...

Comment

Hi All,
              Sorry for posting this in two different threads, been going crazy with this issue.
              I brought it back again and this is what they told me:

Hi All,
              Brought my G6 GT back to the dealership, they found the problem with the slipping when going into turns.
              It was the Transmission filter was not installed correctly and was just about to fall off.
              How is that I asked if the filter is lock into place and only you have worked on my transmission. He had no answer to that.
              Then the service manager tells me that the shuttering that I feel when I try to maintain a speed of 38mph has no fix for it. They contacted GM technical and the service manager said that GM said “Do not work on that car, there is no fix for it”. And he also said that they have a boat load of customers complaining about this.
              I still have a hard time with this. I bought a brand new car with warrantees and they tell me there is no fix. What good is the warrantee if they don’t fix it.
              This is totally unacceptable..

Comment

Found the problem with my 08 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6, there is a misfire in cylinder #1, put dielectic grease in both ends of the spark plug cable for cylinder #1, problem solved for $2, beware though, the cable is a pain to get put back on the plug.

Comment

Originally posted by rippedrob420 View Post
                  Found the problem with my 08 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6, there is a misfire in cylinder #1, put dielectic grease in both ends of the spark plug cable for cylinder #1, problem solved for $2, beware though, the cable is a pain to get put back on the plug.
                  I just wanted to post a thank you to you rippedrob420. We had a 2008 3.5L G6 with an intermittent misfire but it wouldn't throw a CEL. Had brought it to the dealer on two different occasions before for the same problem. They changed a different plug each time and seemed like it solved the problem for a time. It's been a year since it was last fixed for this issue and the warranty is now gone.

Not wanting a huge repair bill we decided to try and fix the issue ourselves.

As plugs had been the issue before we decided to change all of them. They're cheap even though we got the AC Iridium plugs. Checked the gap before the install, fought with the back ones but the suggestion here to take the coil pack off helped a lot. Not really any change and if anything, it was worse than it had been but still nothing showed up with a code reader.

Saw your post rippedrob420 about putting the dielectric grease in the spark plug boots and figured what the hell, it couldn't hurt. Went to the local auto parts store and picked up a $3.99 tube.

We pulled off all the boots one at a time, smeared it liberally in the boots with a Q-tip and re-installed the boots. Yeah it's a bear to get the boots back on in the back.

It's been great for nearly a week now, used to do it daily before. Thanks again rippedrob420!

Comment

Working...
                  X