No announcement yet.

GM Strut Brace Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm gonna try and use that plasti-dip spray can and see how that turns out, just do a copy coats on the top bar where i think it was rub :warped:
    2006 Black GTP Coupe, One of the First Hammerhead Spoilers on here. Gm Strut Bar, Doctor Speed CAB and Stage 4 . Black out upper grille and black logos, Tinted Black Euro's, Painted black Headlights with blacked out corners and Led's,10,000 K HID Low-Beams, GT-R Cat-Back Exhaust System,Racingline performance moto mounts inserts, power slot rotors and hawks.Eclipse 4 channel amp powering Alpine Type-S speakers, 93 oct tune, GM HSRK, RaceineLinePerformance Ground Kit.

Comment

Im finally going to order one of these, I looked at my bank and I've got some extra cash. So once I'm off work I'm ordering one, painting it, then putting it on.
      BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

are the issues really all that bad, i've been wanted one for a while but with the rubbing and what not is it really worth it?
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Rubbing is an easy fix, just like with the hoodstruts, except this is a handling upgrade not just a "get that damn strut bar out of my face" upgrade.
          BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
            are the issues really all that bad, i've been wanted one for a while but with the rubbing and what not is it really worth it?
            The rubbing is not a big deal - the hood barely touches and it's easy to fix.

Comment

on a dark colored car i wouldnt even worry about the rubbing as i've said before, unless you're gonna paint it red in which case you'll have to worry about the red paint rubbing off....black strut bar + dark car = no worries...i dont see the point in painting them when it only causes trouble...i think if these things came red, people would be painting them black
              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

^lol prolly true
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I only had minor rubbing on one side, and for what it's worth my hood struts don't rub.

Comment

Just wondered if anyone with a vert has installed one of these. Seems that there are issues with the verts having a more crouded engine compartment than the sedans & coupes. I know the motor mounts are considerably bigger.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543500/1

Comment

Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                        Lots of fixes for the hood rubbing, but I think I went a little different route:

Over 6 months now and no signs of any rubbing (but then I have the MPD hood).
                        (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

Working...
                        X