Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3.6 Beats Mustang GT, SVT, Legacy Turbo, Cobalt SS

very nice!
    done: CRAB CAB woot woot!, aftermarket black taillights, chrome upper recessed grilles, dual rear valance and gt-r exhaust system, duplicolor red painted calipers with R1 concept e-line drilled and slotted rotors and posi-quiet ceramic brake pads all around
    to do (soon): window tint
    to do, maybe (later): painted headlights, color matched recessed grilles
    need: g6performance.com decals
    cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687601 *not yet updated with the new g6*

Comment

yeah i used to work with a guy at budweiser and i saw he had a cobalt SS and i was like oh is that the SC or TC vers? and he was like ...NA....i was like.....gay hahhhaa
      sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

so does anyone wana rent a ferari and r8 and just drive them really slow so we can record each of our cars beating them and post them online? :P

Comment

Comletely cheers to that! You said it was humit out and humity is one of those funny things that screws with each engine diffrently. I dont care if they where bad drivers or not, you have video of beating them flat out with no excusses.

That 3.6L with the 6spd is a mean little car esp on stock LS2 tires! You are close to breaking into the 13s! If we only had the ability to change gearing in out cars! That 6spd with 3.55 gears from 2.9x stock I belive you be in the 13s! Am going to track when I get free time this september and my 3900 dont think will break below 14.5s.
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
            Comletely cheers to that! You said it was humit out and humity is one of those funny things that screws with each engine diffrently. I dont care if they where bad drivers or not, you have video of beating them flat out with no excusses.

That 3.6L with the 6spd is a mean little car esp on stock LS2 tires! You are close to breaking into the 13s! If we only had the ability to change gearing in out cars! That 6spd with 3.55 gears from 2.9x stock I belive you be in the 13s! Am going to track when I get free time this september and my 3900 dont think will break below 14.5s.
            Thx dre. I really noticed how the humidity played with this car. I started the night off with consistent 14.5's and as it got cooler and drier, 14.4's then popped off with two 14.3's before it got humid again and I went back up to 14.4's. I was kinda shocked to be honest but the guy handing out the slips pretty much called it all night. He told me at the beginning of the night that I'd drop probably 2 tenths as the humidity went away and he was right on.

Yeah, these LS2's have to go. I can't load any high with them or get on it earlier. I'm almost positive I've reached the lowest 60' possible with a 2.06 on these. The Eagle GT's should help out a lot. Not to mention getting my A/F ratio where it should be.

As for gearing, I would consider going with the new 6T65 (which has a 3.17 I think) but I'm not only going for track car, but for highway mileage too. I like getting almost 30 mpg highway and I know that if I geared it different, that would suffer severely. So for now, I'll stick to what I have left which is headers, head work and if anybody ever comes out with it, cams. I still plan on having a 13 second NA car, so only time (and money) with tell.
            2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
            1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Hey Nate, we gotta race sometime. Im probably going to Milan next weekend and see what times I get. Im sure Milan has way better prep than Lapeer since Milan is an IHRA track.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
              4 door mafia
              93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
              8000k hid's
              Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
              Rotofab cai and radiator cover
              13.207@107.11
              330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

awesome runs, and 14.35 is a good as time for a 6. love the kills on the V8's

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                Originally posted by ahuhn
                so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by mi04se1
                  Hey Nate, we gotta race sometime. Im probably going to Milan next weekend and see what times I get. Im sure Milan has way better prep than Lapeer since Milan is an IHRA track.
                  Sure man, let's get it going. I'm getting my PowerFlash soon so my tune can be tweaked and pick up some spare ponies. I hope to break into the 14.1's - 14.2's with that and then finish it off with the GY Eagle GT's.

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    awesome runs, and 14.35 is a good as time for a 6. love the kills on the V8's
                    Thanks!! V8 kills are my favorite for sure!!

Comment

[/quote]

Well it can be a SS, just not the Supercharged ver. [/quote]

Confirmed, there was a 2006 version that was NA

Pulled from Wiki: "For 2006, a naturally-aspirated Cobalt SS with both automatic and manual transmission options was one of three Delta cars to carry GM's new 2.4 L,171 hp (128 kW) engine."

So I'd have to assume this was the one running last night.[/quote]

It was my understanding that the NA cobalt ss only had the low wing as an option, only the boosted ones have the high wing. And motortrend has the cobalt ss/sc at 0-60 in 6.1 and the 1/4 in 14.4, so I'd say very plausible that you'd beat a supercharged.

Comment

Originally posted by assassin10133
                        It was my understanding that the NA cobalt ss only had the low wing as an option, only the boosted ones have the high wing. And motortrend has the cobalt ss/sc at 0-60 in 6.1 and the 1/4 in 14.4, so I'd say very plausible that you'd beat a supercharged.
                        Good to know. He might have put a big wing on there making the mistake of thinking it looks sooo much better haha. I'll have to ask him next time I kick his ass.

Comment

I just found out through a post on youtube that the SVT was in fact a Mustang SN-95 SVT Cobra ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_SVT_Cobra ). They come stock with 300 HP and run high 13's low 14's. With the start this guy got and the humidity, this was definitely a real SVT take down and not an emblem faker. Sweet huh?!?!

Comment

Those numbers on the SVT mustang is a prime in shape engine. Between the humitiy and very well could be have been a car beat to death and high miles. So if that mustang has 120-150K miles on it, its very plauseable.

I think that colbalt SS was a supercharger, think two things got him, fair driver and humidity. i say that because the 3800 SC engine suffers when hit with humidity. I ran when my car was new and stock a GP GTP like a 2000-ish, he was trying and I got him stock by 2 car lenghts and shouldnt have. Same thing with a Monte Carlo SS by a car on a very humit day and a stock 3900 GTP should be equal or slower then a GP GTP SC. So with that said, I think the supercharge engines are really affected by the humidity vs a NA engine.
                            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                            Gotta have it Green color
                            Brembo brake package
                            420 HP 5.0L
                            Ford Racing Power Pack
                            GT500 track pack differential cover
                            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Nate, I really enjoyed those clips as I took a quick break this morning. Great driving and the car looks and sounds terrific. You obviously have the technique down pat.
                              Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
                              Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
                              Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Originally posted by standfast
                                Nate, I really enjoyed those clips as I took a quick break this morning. Great driving and the car looks and sounds terrific. You obviously have the technique down pat.
                                Thanks Jack!! It was a good time. Not as "heart pounding" as it was the first time, but still fun. Now comes the fine tuning to get her down to 13's.

Comment

Working...
                                X