This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Leakage from Sunroof into Rear of Car and on Seatbelts

This seems to be a problem that quite a few people had, so I decided to make it a Sticky. First, a little background info:

After a hard rain storm, you may notice that the portion of your seatbelts behind the pillar trim is wet, as well as the rear of the floor and maybe the rear side panels. The problem is that there are drainage tubes above the headliner on each side of the sunroof (running to the front and back of the car) that may come dislodged, causing water to run down the sides of the car (under the panels), instead of out the front and back of the car.

The easiest solution is to bring the car to the dealership and have them fix it under warranty. But if you're a do-it-your-selfer, I created a How-To for fixing the tubes using clamps, so the tubes won't be able to dislodge to easily, if at all anymore. Here is that link:

-Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

water leakage

I just found out that I have a leakage problem too. My back passenger side carpet is soaking wet . I am calling the dealer tomorrow to take my car in to fix this problem. Wish me luck!
    Black G6 GTP Coupe w/ leather interior, sunroof, 18" ultra-bright wheels

Comment

I've had mine in twice now for the same issue. Both times they said it was from the window not the sunroof. they resealed it the first time and it still leaked. They resealed it again and I just picked it up today so I don't know yet but I made them get the hose out at the dealership and it didn't leak. I still think it might be the sunroof but we'll see.
      06 GT COUPE stealth gray no mods yet.
      But I'm working on it

Comment

yeah i noticed that problem recently with my G6 GTP coupe and am taking it into the dealership to have it fixed under warrenty
        2006 G6 GTP 6speed--Wideview Prime HIDs, Custom Tint, Stage4 CAI, and Geniune GM warrenty work!

Comment

I have the same problem but my floor isn't just the FOAM in my SEAT is wet and water does drip from the side pannels. I thought it was from the rear window
          2006 Black GTP Coupe, One of the First Hammerhead Spoilers on here. Gm Strut Bar, Doctor Speed CAB and Stage 4 . Black out upper grille and black logos, Tinted Black Euro's, Painted black Headlights with blacked out corners and Led's,10,000 K HID Low-Beams, GT-R Cat-Back Exhaust System,Racingline performance moto mounts inserts, power slot rotors and hawks.Eclipse 4 channel amp powering Alpine Type-S speakers, 93 oct tune, GM HSRK, RaceineLinePerformance Ground Kit.

Comment

I have had my car in for the 5th time for water leak but my car leaks not by the seatbelts but from the sunroof switch panel. It is the same reason I think, the tubes get dislodged. The thing is the other day it rained really hard and my car was soaked but when the dealership puts their hose to see where it leaks from, it doesn't work. Why is this? Is it something with the rain water or the angle that the rain comes down on the car?
            Joe
            New to the Pontiac World
            2005 Black Pontiac G6 GT
            (Automatic, Panaromic Roof, Tinted)
            (Yokohama Tires, Powerslot Rotors, Akebono Pads)

Comment

I have a water issue aswell. Water is getting on the factory amp in the trunk. It goes in for a 5th time to try to fix the problem.

I should mention that it shorts out my amp.
              2006 G6 Coupe

2002 S10 Xtreme

http://www.2lo2tow.com

Comment

I have this problem as well.. but it doesn't seem to be as bad as some others have it. I just have the wet belts, it's not getting anywhere else thank god.. I guess if it gets worse I will go up to the dealership..

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

well they had resealed the side window and its been raining here and two car washes later no leaks yet. I kinda think they redid the sunroof tubes and just said it was the window just to avoid admitting the problem. try to avoid a recall. the only time I could make it leak is when I poured water over the sunroof. None of the water even got on the side window. But as long as it is fixed and stays fixed guess I don't care.
                  06 GT COUPE stealth gray no mods yet.
                  But I'm working on it

Comment

same issue

i have a 06 gt coupe and today I noticed that I have one inch of standing water under my 2 rear seats as well as the seatbelt being completely soaked. I also have brown spots of mold and this problem has been re-occuring since February!!! I took it in June for the seabelts yet there still leaking! I'm extremely upset that Pontiac can't fix this problem! You guys should consider looking at your states Lemon Laws to see if you qualify becuase I've had it!

Comment

i suggest telling them when it goes in that a lot of people have been having problems with the drain tubes in the headliner. they should be able to hook them back up and hopefully solve the problem, as long as they aren't one of those dealerships who thinks they know more than you and refuse to take suggestions.

Comment

Yeah.. when you take it back up.. definitely tell them that it's been going on for almost a year now.. and let them know that many have this problem, and if you can even print this page that would be great to show them!!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

I had the same problems a couple times as well. The second time I brought mine in they glued the drain tubes in place. I havent had any issues since then.

Comment

mine goes into the dealer today to get rid of the wet seatbelts. Thanks for the how to, it will help me explain where and what they're doing cause they dont seem to know.
                            BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Water Leaking? Been there, done that!
                              2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                              Forge Motorsports BPV
                              CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                              HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                              HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Working...
                              X