Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this many people are coming into get this fixed then GM Should be putting out a Recall to fix this problem i am starting to get fed up with this car & GM attitude on the problems i have had with it
    & i starting to think i should have gotten the Crossfire instead!!
    My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

so you could have problems with it?

Comment

They very rarely do recalls on customer satisfaction or quality issues unless it affects the safety of the car. A leaking sunroof certainly doesn't meet that criteria.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

When I took my 2006 GTP coupe in for the wet floor boards, they found that the water was even up under my seats and in the trunk area. They told me that a drainage tube for teh sunroof was teh problem. These cars hold water! I have leather seats and now I worry that they might get funky from this water.

Comment

save your invoice from the repair on the water leaking. If you get any water damage bring it in and they should be able to replace stuff. Reason I say save the invoice is it will probably happen quicker and smoother if you dont have to wait for GM to find the paperwork proving you had a leak repaired.
            BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Ok... I brought my car in to fix the leak and they told me they were goning to replaice the seatbelt and maybe the backseat because it was soo wet. when I went to pick it up today they just replaiced the stuff under the carpet (they claim) and didnt even bother to dry out the seatbelt. So needless to say it still smells. Did anyone else have there seatbelt replaiced or just "dried out"?
              2007 Chevy Tahoe, full color match, LTZ wheels, 2.5" front and 1" rear lift, 33X12 Nitto Terra Grapler, 8000K HIDs, remote reverse light switch

2004 Yamaha R6, hot bodies flushmount signals, MOTOdynamic smoked integrated LED taillight, custom 08 shorty exhaust, custom fender eliminator, smoked double bubble windscreen, color matched seat cowl, removed passenger pegs. 1/4 mile: 10.8 at 131(wasn't supposed to exceed 120 bc I didn't have leather pants, could have easily done under 10.5 but they kicked me out for going too fast)

Comment

Krazy Glued them into the green rubber connector and sealed it with Permatex....that's what I did and haven't had a problem since. I decided to do it myself to make sure it was done right.....I didn't want to wait for them to look at it and wonder whether they fixed it correctly...while my car incurred more water damage to it.

Comment

^I agree w/ him. If you are able to fix the problem yourself, I would. Because a lot of service techs aren't aware of this problem.. and we are all pretty much informed on here.. I'd say do it on your own to save yourself from more damage.

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Yea, when I get my car back I am going to take it all apart and glue it all together because this was the biggest pain in my ass.
                    2007 Chevy Tahoe, full color match, LTZ wheels, 2.5" front and 1" rear lift, 33X12 Nitto Terra Grapler, 8000K HIDs, remote reverse light switch

2004 Yamaha R6, hot bodies flushmount signals, MOTOdynamic smoked integrated LED taillight, custom 08 shorty exhaust, custom fender eliminator, smoked double bubble windscreen, color matched seat cowl, removed passenger pegs. 1/4 mile: 10.8 at 131(wasn't supposed to exceed 120 bc I didn't have leather pants, could have easily done under 10.5 but they kicked me out for going too fast)

Comment

doh!

3 or 4 months back i brought it in for same reason seatbelts showed leakage.. i also recently noticed driver side rear floormat had brown spots probably from the leakage i had the dealer fix, i dont know jack about cars and i wouldnt be able to "do it myself" :-/ but i'm the type of person that would rather do it myself to know it was done right! i would need a step by step illustration....hint hint lol t.i.a
                      06' Black G6 GT Coupe: FL legal tint, GT-R Exhaust, Black Emblem Overlays, Silver G6peformance Decals, CAI coming soon...

Comment

GTP Coupe Major Water Leak

Guys, check out this video I shot this morning of the rear floor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0363hDSwjY

As you can hear in my narration, I already took the car to the dealer to have the leak fixed. The driver's side still gets the wet seat belt, and now I've got standing water on the floor.

This car has been a real disappointment. The Body Control Module and ignition switch had to be replaced shortly after I bought it, because the gauges would completely fail at random while I was driving. Sometimes the car wouldn't even power on when I turned the key. Now the upholstery on the floor is probably a breeding ground for mildew, and I'd already been getting complaints from passengers that the car stunk. Never buying a Pontiac again.

Comment

^^^ENDICOTT!

I live in Elmira!

It sucks that you're having such problems!
                          I have leakage, but it only makes my seatbelts wet.. I haven't had any puddles or anything, but my car does reek after a rainstorm

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Elmira! Small world....

Looks like youtube is taking a while to "process" the video. Sorry if it didn't work for you.

Comment

A buddy of mine that I went to highschool with lives in Endicott... he works for Lockheed (sp?)
                              Originally posted by Toyz
                              Originally posted by simplyred
                              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Yup, that's where I work, too...

Comment

Working...
                                X