Add cruise control, 06 express Van help/info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add cruise control, 06 express Van help/info

One of my work trucks is a 2006 chevy express cutaway truck. Has the 6.6L duramax diesel and cruise control was an option. Can even see on dash board the cruise light when light hits it right.

To my knowledge, just need to get the turn switch that controls curise control (as being a option wiring harness is there), get it installed, then get it turned on through the BCM. Isnt that it as no vacum lines as its "fly-by-wire" TB?
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Re: Add cruise control, 06 express Van help/info

i THINK its a plug and play type thing with possible programming needed. let me check a bit and ill post here in a bit

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
      i THINK its a plug and play type thing with possible programming needed. let me check a bit and ill post here in a bit
      Thanks! I apresate it a ton, was hopping you would answer this one!

2013 Mustang GT
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

this apply to G6 too?
        87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
        90 Eagle Talon TSI
        09 G6 Progression(New Car)
        My Progression

Comment

after doing a quick search on the Tech forum i found a few topics on adding cruise. this one is for an 06 silverado with a 4.3 but it should be about the same

Well, It's in and it works. Here is the scoop. Had parts look up the dash wiring harness-doesn't specify w or w/out cruise. I went and looked at a lot truck (that had no cruise) and the plug was there at the base of the column to plug the multifunction switch into -great. This should be easy. The cust truck comes in-dis-
          assemble to install multifunction switch-WTF-no plug! However the wiring is there on the other side of C201 (the big plug at the bottom of the column) So I had to make a short harness up (8 inches-4 wires) to reach from multifunction switch to C201. Not a big deal. I don't know why the lot truck had the plug in the ign switch wiring but the cust truck didn't. By the way, there was no programming etc needed. Once the switch and wiring were installed it worked fine.

basicaly it sounds like ti may be plug and play or you may need to add a few wires

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

after doing a quick search on the Tech forum i found a few topics on adding cruise. this one is for an 06 silverado with a 4.3 but it should be about the same
            Thanks for the info, I really apresate your help! Your always right on with GM tech!

Originally posted by jakeman17
            this apply to G6 too?
            Problem with the G6 is the cruise is on the steering wheel and would need a new steering wheel to add cruise

2013 Mustang GT
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Originally posted by dre256

this apply to G6 too?
              Problem with the G6 is the cruise is on the steering wheel and would need a new steering wheel to add cruise

just the switches and wirring not a whole wheel. no idea if it would work though. i wish some one would try

Comment

i wanna try it if i get my car back.... or ill just get something with CC on it from factory lol
                90 Eagle Talon TSI
                My Progression

Comment

Originally posted by dre256

this apply to G6 too?

just the switches and wirring not a whole wheel. no idea if it would work though. i wish some one would try
                  im not sure about the base models but the value leaders definitely have a differnt steering wheel. to add cruise to my car i would have to change the whole steering wheel or cut up the wheel, which would look stupid
                  2011 Toyota Camry- gunmetal gray-7,869 miles
                  2008 Pontiac G6, white- 26,065 miles- traded in

Comment

why do you say that? they all use the same wheels. if your talking the silver piece thats replaceable

Comment

are you sure it uses the same wheel? its solid plastic and theres no cutout for the buttons

Comment

Originally posted by cdipier2
                        are you sure it uses the same wheel? its solid plastic and theres no cutout for the buttons

oh snap look at that. i dont think ive ever seen a wheel that looks like that. so youd be right you need a wheel

Comment

all the value leaders have the same wheel. look, i taught a gm tech something

Comment

Originally posted by cdipier2
                            all the value leaders have the same wheel. look, i taught a gm tech something

thats not exactly hard to do

Comment

I wont be trying it
                              90 Eagle Talon TSI
                              My Progression

Comment

Working...
                              X