GM to import chinese gm cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GM to import chinese gm cars

T-minus 3 posts and counting to lock houston.

Comment

Originally posted by BigV11
      Why import? It's because importing makes everything cheaper. If we were to build the things that we imported than they would cost so much more that no one would buy them.
      It doesn't make the goods we buy here that much cheaper. It only lowers the production cost for the manufacturer and increases their profit. The savings by using cheap offshore labor is not completely passed on to the American consumer. It kills jobs here and hurts the economy.

Toyota makes the Camry here using American workers and American made parts. It's a profitable car and it outsells all its competition regardless whether it's foreign or domestic. So shame on any company that import cars from overseas and sell them here. I would buy a foreign brand car made here in N.America than any domestic brand cars made overseas....except the G8!!!...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
        Why import? It's because importing makes everything cheaper. If we were to build the things that we imported than they would cost so much more that no one would buy them.
        It doesn't make the goods we buy here that much cheaper. It only lowers the production cost for the manufacturer and increases their profit. The savings by using cheap offshore labor is not completely passed on to the American consumer. It kills jobs here and hurts the economy.

Toyota makes the Camry here using American workers and American made parts. It's a profitable car and it outsells all its competition regardless whether it's foreign or domestic. So shame on any company that import cars from overseas and sell them here. I would buy a foreign brand car made here in N.America than any domestic brand cars made overseas....except the G8!!!...lol.
        and the g8 has recalls already....

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
        PSN: racin247
        Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

I couldn't care less about where the car is made, that's not why I'm buying it. I'm buying a car for what it has and what it does. So if there is a car that is made over seas and imported here that is better then any cars here and is what I want then that's the car I'm buying. In my opinion I think that it is stupid to not buy something just because it was made over seas and they imported it over here. Yes they are taking jobs away from Americans but I don't blame them. They are doing something that everyone in the world would do, which is wanting to make more money. Now you can't tell me that if you had the chance to make more money that you would say "no, I don't need more money." I know that everyone on this forum would be like hell yea I want to make more money.

Comment

I couldn't care less about where the car is made, that's not why I'm buying it. I'm buying a car for what it has and what it does. So if there is a car that is made over seas and imported here that is better then any cars here and is what I want then that's the car I'm buying. In my opinion I think that it is stupid to not buy something just because it was made over seas and they imported it over here. Yes they are taking jobs away from Americans but I don't blame them. They are doing something that everyone in the world would do, which is wanting to make more money. Now you can't tell me that if you had the chance to make more money that you would say "no, I don't need more money." I know that everyone on this forum would be like hell yea I want to make more money.

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Comment

Something just doesn't seem right when foreign car companies can set up plants and built and sell cars here successfully while our domestic carmakers have to built cars overseas and then import them back to be sold here. I will not buy a Chinese made GM car unless there is a huge price discount. If American jobs are being outsourced overseas I think it's fair that the consumers here should also benefit.

Comment

Something just doesn't seem right when foreign car companies can set up plants and built and sell cars here successfully while our domestic carmakers have to built cars overseas and then import them back to be sold here. I will not buy a Chinese made GM car unless there is a huge price discount. If American jobs are being outsourced overseas I think it's fair that the consumers here should also benefit.
                As long as the car is made in a communist country, i will not buy it. I dont care how cheap it is.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                Show
                -20% tint
                -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                -Professionally heated seats

Comment

I couldn't care less about where the car is made, that's not why I'm buying it. I'm buying a car for what it has and what it does. So if there is a car that is made over seas and imported here that is better then any cars here and is what I want then that's the car I'm buying.

In my opinion I think that it is stupid to not buy something just because it was made over seas and they imported it over here.

R:You can't say its stupid. Speaking in generalities here I can for the most part find a similar car that is American made that has the same features as a foreign car. Im not a person that WILL NOT buy a foreign car but if i can find an american equivalent i will buy that. I like to buy american when i can. I would prefer most of the profit to flourish in our economy instead of in foreign country and in this case especially china(I do not want to support in any way a communist country whether its a GM or not). Thats how a lot of other feel too; people have different morals and set of values than others. If you ask me, a statement like "I think its stupid to buy a foreign vehicle over a domestic vehicle" would have more weight than yours based on the single fact that you live here, not in China; which you would think most would rather see their own country expand over another. Im trying to let you see the point of view, of others.

Yes they are taking jobs away from Americans but I don't blame them. They are doing something that everyone in the world would do, which is wanting to make more money. Now you can't tell me that if you had the chance to make more money that you would say "no, I don't need more money." I know that everyone on this forum would be like hell yea I want to make more money.

R:Of course i would want to make more money, but not by outsourcing. There are actually companies that remain domestically just for that reason; its again a different set of ethics/morals. Some people have different values than other and the people that prefer american made products will buy them. (Im not limiting this to cars, more specifically im talking about smaller manufacturing facilities).

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                  Show
                  -20% tint

Comment

A lot of GM's cars are/were built in Canada, eh. So why the twisted panties when they're imported from China? Gm has been "outsourcing" for years. The G8 came on a boat from Australia. Protectionism isn't really a viable ideology anymore, especially when the United States of America made such a big contribution to globalization.
                    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

Originally posted by Lmac83
                      A lot of GM's cars are/were built in Canada, eh. So why the twisted panties when they're imported from China? Gm has been "outsourcing" for years. The G8 came on a boat from Australia. Protectionism isn't really a viable ideology anymore, especially when the United States of America made such a big contribution to globalization.
                      Perhaps because China is a communist country. It seems like i said this before; oh wait i did.

Show
                      -20% tint

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                        Perhaps because China is a communist country. It seems like i said this before; oh wait i did.
                        and the camaro is canadian not so?

and unions are kinda like communism too....

just that china takes it to a whole other level....

speaking of which, i just came home from a chinese restaurant...food was good

Comment

Originally posted by silverg6er
                          Originally posted by leong6gtp

Uhh that makes no sense at all. Canada is not a communist country.

Show
                          -20% tint

Comment

Originally posted by silverg6er

Yea and you probably just got done eating some cat or snake or something digusting.

Comment

The difference truly lies in the unions, I trust that if GM was paying the same wages per position as Toyota or any other company at factories etc., within North America, then they would do MAJORITY of thier work here, probably moreso than Toyota and other other foriegn companies.

North America, the US moreso, is based on a heavily Capitalist system, so obviously American companies are founded on those ideas as well, so when an opportunity arrises to make more money, they will say take it, and being a Capitalist myself, I agree.
                              The benefit to them producing overseas will be that they can become more competitive, they will be able to Produce for less, meaning they can invest more money into new technology and better quality materials/builds.
                              Even if GM makes a chinese cobalt they will not suddenly sell for 5000 less, they will simply have better materials inside, better engine technology etc. for the same price tag.
                              2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
                              2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
                              1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

Uhh that makes no sense at all. Canada is not a communist country.
                                ohh you know me leon, i didnt intend to link canada to communist, was just laying down some info,

but of course it was taken the wrong way lol

Comment

Working...
                                X