This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official G6 War Story kills thread

Please keep this thread on topic, old one was trashed due to too much off topic posts in there and easier to start a new one. This thread like the rules posted in the War Stories does not condon street racing nor dangrous driving. Ovously flat out dangrous driving, drunk driving, high on drugs etc post will be removed right away.

Please post up your quick wins that doesnt need there own thread!
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Re: Official G6 War Story kills thread

Yesterday I beat my buddy's 97 eclipse GS. It has a stage 1 centerforce clutch, short throw shifter, straight exhaust, and a homeade intake. Our first race was about 0-100 and I got about 6 lengths on him (wudda probly been closer but he spun wa too much off the line). And then the second race or I guess u cud say sets of races we were comin back from a town about 20 miles from ours and doin 60-125 runs. And I walked off on him real easy. Like maybe 10 lengths every time.

P.s. I'm not the best at determining car lengths but I won by a considerable length everytime lol

MY PROGRESSION- viewtopic.php?f=119&t=26123

Comment

I can see that happening at near 5-8 lenghts, the GS in the 90s where fast for base four cylinder numbers at that time. Today you have 1/3rd more power or so. I think the GS was like a 17.5 second car in the quarter, you have a solid second and half on that. Those mods unfortianlly didnt yield him much extra power.

Great run, always like seeing GT wins!
      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
      Gotta have it Green color
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack
      GT500 track pack differential cover
      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Yeah, on paper it is obvious the g6 will win lol.....but damn that dude can drive and that clutch realllllly helped. And he's bout to sell his car so he launchs it really hard. In our race he popped off the clutch at 5000 rpms, crazy. And he's pretty quick at shifting and he gets the most out of all of his powerband (shifts at 7400rpms consistent). So I was kinda proud I beat him off the line, that was prolly jus cuz he cudnt catch traction on street tires tho lol

Comment

i beat my friends 95 eclipse gs with my 2.4. at the time i only had exhaust done and he had racing seats, lowered and exhaust.

cant really say how off the line went because i was waiting for the light to turn red so we could have a legit start but then i looked over and he had already counted to 3 with his fingers lol.

so from the start i was a little behind, like half a length, but by 60 i started pulling on him... went up to about 90 which is where we stopped and i had like 3 lengths on him. and cant blame it on age cus he just replaced the engine.

now he's added a CAI and ive got my 91 WAMS tune. i wanna see if i can get him to race again haha

myspace:
          http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=97752405
          Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...77&ref=profile
          cardomain:
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3313290
          Rear tint, c/f reflector overlays, ecotec overlays, performance grounding kit, kenwood kdc excelon x-592, 2 10" Polks, 500 watt Rockford Fosgate amp, exhaust resonator delete, flowmaster muffler, WAMS 91 octane tune

Comment

Yeah, I think the eclipses were pretty quick for their time, but definately can't hang with todays 4 cyclinders without mods. I think their weakest point tho has to be top end....after my buddy hits 100 his car pretty much stops. It will make it to 125ish but u better have a LONG road lol

Comment

I came up to a red light in lane 3 of 4 and vehicles were 3-4 deep in lanes 1-3 with no one in lane 4. So I changed to lane 4 and noticed a newer Jeep Cherokee Hemi next to me in lane 3. The light turns green and as we start to go I notice that my lane changes into a right turn only lane. The Jeep and I punched at the same time and I thought WTF. I was going to just let it go but I kept at it to get out of the turn lane ended up pulling ahead and changing lanes before the next red light (going 80+ to zero a bit faster than comfortable). Total distance was about 1/2 mile. I'm not sure if the Jeep let up toward the end, but I know it didn't beat me. Fun stuff!
              CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by TXGT
                Yeah, I think the eclipses were pretty quick for their time, but definately can't hang with todays 4 cyclinders without mods.
                you raced a gs that obviously doesnt have any real mods try racing a gst or gsx I've seen plenty of stock eclipses take srt4's and a cobalt ss and plenty of "todays 4 cyclinders"

Comment

So im in the right lane cruisin home with the wife. we are at a red light and a ricer is next to us. He guns his fart can and I luagh and see a lowered dodge Intrepid roll up on him close as if to show the ricer was real slow. I explained this to my wife.

Well the ricer turns off and the Intrepid is up ahead. I tell my wife our G6 would smoke his ass. well he slows down thinking he will nab another easy kill as we come up along side him. We are now on the up hill. I here him gun it and I said what the hell. From a 45mph roll to 60 mph I already took 3 car lengths on him and backed off.

I luaghed and told my wife I told you so as he turned off in embarassment.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                  Originally posted by [i
                  Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

^^ Nice!

Comment

nice kill ws6
                      ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

lollerskates @ intrepid. who thinks they will beat anyone with an intrepid...
                        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

the only recent kill story i have is when we killed an AMS evo with the vette last year
                          ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

i still think the funniest one is when this guy in a Grand Prix GT tried a flyby with his girlie in the pass seat. his mods looked to be a rear window banner that said GRAND PRIX. anywho he tries a flyby on me and has the windows down and his girl laughs as they pass, i stomp the gas and WHIZ by him and get about 4 lengths or so before kill it for my exit, i look as they pass and the gf is straight faced eyes forward and the guy is lookin out the window with this "wtf was that" look on his face....awesome. G6 GTP ftw
                            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                              i still think the funniest one is when this guy in a Grand Prix GT tried a flyby with his girlie in the pass seat. his mods looked to be a rear window banner that said GRAND PRIX. anywho he tries a flyby on me and has the windows down and his girl laughs as they pass, i stomp the gas and WHIZ by him and get about 4 lengths or so before kill it for my exit, i look as they pass and the gf is straight faced eyes forward and the guy is lookin out the window with this "wtf was that" look on his face....awesome. G6 GTP ftw
                              FTFMW!

Comment

Working...
                              X