• Show
Clear All

Re: G6 GXP wont make final year aperance

Originally posted by snowmanG6
    Originally posted by leong6gtp
    you all are in a tunnel dream.
    at least im in a tunnel and not a closet

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
    I'm open to other ideas that'll make my car sick awesome super deluxe pro-friggin BOOYAH yo, as long as they're cheap.

Comment

IMO GM made way too many performance cars. Look at Ford and Chrysler. GM had atleast one peformance car for each car line accept Buick.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
      4 door mafia
      93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
      8000k hid's
      Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
      Rotofab cai and radiator cover
      13.207@107.11
      330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

Leon,

Cobalt SS is alive and well. They're just not going to make the ugly sedan version of it anymore.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by Detro
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          Originally posted by leong6gtp
          you all are in a tunnel dream.
          at least im in a tunnel and not a closet
          for the laughs and also for the 07 GTP that I proudly drive.
          Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
          Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
          Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Less than 1 out of every 10 G6s I see is a GXP. That doesn't mean the G6 is a failure. Killing Pontiac is a big mistake because GM sells tons of G6s.

Comment

6 out of 10 times it's a 4cyl. 3 out of 10 it's a v6. 1 out of 10 it's a gt. In almost a year I've only seen a couple gtps and one gxp that was a rental.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

the point is obvious, the gxp's don't sell well at all so it makes sense...like autoblog said, it's like $3500 more than a camaro v6 which is as quick or quicker, rwd so.....

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
                PSN: racin247
                Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

i guess im lucky?? I see GXP's constantly. Where I bought my 6 they sell 2 or 3 sedans a month, but cant give away the coupes. They did just sell a brand new coupe last week for $24,xxx just to get rid of it.

I usually see the most are GTP's and value leaders. A few v6 base like mine, and very rarelt Ill see a gt but its prolly the same one, since its green and I never see greens ones other than that.

AJ
                  De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
                  Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
                  Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
                  My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

anyone get the gxp production numbers? i wanna know how rare my car is!
                    ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

Originally posted by coolmanvette75
                      so now it's your car? i thought you wanted a trans am or 300zx j/k

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Comment

my "family's" car
                        ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

my "family's" car
                          i know when i'm home and drive my dad's car ( supercharged + intercooled e320 ) ppl are always saying, wow who's is that, i say "my dad's"...they say, "so it is like yours then"

Comment

I would put the GXP around 10-12K units a year. If I remember correctly, the 06 GTP was the best selling G6 GTP/GXP of the 06-08 model years at 15K units. And I know 09 couldnt have topped that. The 09 model year is prob closer to 8K units I would think
                            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                            Gotta have it Green color
                            Brembo brake package
                            420 HP 5.0L
                            Ford Racing Power Pack
                            GT500 track pack differential cover
                            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

and i bet that most of the street edition (non rental) GXP's are coupes. I have never seen another sedan with my paint either. for having an even more rare car

Comment

Originally posted by silverg6er
                                my "family's" car
                                i know when i'm home and drive my dad's car ( supercharged + intercooled e320 ) ppl are always saying, wow who's is that, i say "my dad's"...they say, "so it is like yours then"
                                im pretty much in the same boat as you when it comes to the vette. i say its my dads so they say, "jeez you are luck that YOU have such a noce car." people treat me like its mine and not his. i guess that isnt necessarily a bad thing

Comment

Working...
                                X