Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3.6 run on a dynajet 424x

Originally posted by GTPprix
    Ok sort of on topic 224 to the tires is abotu 280CHP assuming a 20% driveline loss which is about typical for a FWD auto, what gear was it run in?
    and what would 204 hp and 211 trq be?

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
      Ok sort of on topic 224 to the tires is abotu 280CHP assuming a 20% driveline loss which is about typical for a FWD auto, what gear was it run in?
      255CHP or so.
      Chris White
      http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
      2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
      2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
      2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
      2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
      2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
        255CHP or so.
        sweet.

Comment

I don't know how I missed this thread (Lol)
          But nicely done. I don't think you should be too too upset about it. The difference b/t SAE and STD aren't very much so don't sweat it.

Now the proper correction factor, if the guy setup his dyno right might actually include zeroing out the pressure differences from being so far above sea level. Because atmospheric pressure makes a lot of difference, remember that is your "NA" car's boost.

I love it, people always talk about the differences b/t NA and FI. There are no differences with the exception of having to mess with cam overlap, either due to having an exhaust housing gum up the exhaust side, or wanting to keep boost in due to an inefficent roots blow for instance.

Atmosphere IS boost :] ~14.7 of it actually. :}

in any event, that's pretty good man, you could take it to another dyno, but if this guy had his setup right, like I said to you in another thread, dynojet to dynojet is very repeatable, which is what makes them great. Again, the guy would have had to set his up proper though, he really should be corrected to SAE by now, it's a friggin software tweak.

Where is the video@?

Comment

I was wondering if you were ever going to respond

Sorry, no video. I'm old school and don't have a digital camera, and I went by myself.

One of the reason's I thought about doing another run is that I don't think they calibrated the dyno, as it was dyno day, and they ran like 40 people through. The forum post on my other board makes mention of how low the scores are for everyone compared to previous runs, so that makes me think they didn't take the DA in to account. I'd like to get a run in where it's just me and maybe 1 other guy that day, not a whole herd of guys.
            Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
            Originally posted by schenko
            If I could have a woody, I would.

Comment

cant wait to dyno my 6.......tune, intake, exhaust....maybe motor mounts by then....
              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Hey Sticks, honestly it sounds aboooout right...
                Thanks for posting that pic up, I don't suppose you could have them resize the graph for you since they keep your file, so we can get better resolution can we?

Comment

Here's the only other copy they had. They posted the best run from everyone after the weekend.

Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbeau
                    Hey Sticks, honestly it sounds aboooout right...
                    Thanks for posting that pic up, I don't suppose you could have them resize the graph for you since they keep your file, so we can get better resolution can we?
                    I think I'll go again after I get motor mounts and that intake manifold insulator. There's actully a place that is closer that has a dedicated 2wd dynojet, so probably try that one.

Comment

When do you plan on doing so? My guess is that it should come out very close within 4 whp or so. Doesn't hurt to double check.

What engine oil are you running too?

Switch to Royal Purple if you aren't. I kid you not, pick up another 4-5 whp over your Mobil 1 Synth (Im assuming that's what you run) your motor will be smoother as well, I know it sounds ricey, but thats true!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbeau
                        When do you plan on doing so? My guess is that it should come out very close within 4 whp or so. Doesn't hurt to double check.

What engine oil are you running too?

Switch to Royal Purple if you aren't. I kid you not, pick up another 4-5 whp over your Mobil 1 Synth (Im assuming that's what you run) your motor will be smoother as well, I know it sounds ricey, but thats true!
                        I dunno. Depends on when I get hte insulater and mounts. I'm pretty much doing shit hte next 3 weekends, so probably in june sometime.

yea, I run Mobil 1 Synth. I'll have to see if I can even find 5.5 quarts of Royal Purple around here.

Comment

Keep me posted, I'd be interested to see if your power drops off near 7K because of the spacer (in terms of VE curve).
                          Anyone serious about beating on their car BTW, K&N oil filter, and Royal Purple. Only stuff I'll run in my Supra now. I've been running Mobil 1, quite a bit of difference!

I'm guessing you'll pick up about 4-7 HP with that spacer, for no other reason than you'll get a bit more runner volume, and it'll help insulate that upper plenum as you'd expect. The mounts probably won't give you anything, but may make the car feel more firm.

Comment

i know this hasn't been touched in a while but i dyno my 3.6 today and i was able to get 211 horsepower and 196 torque with just a intake and cat-back no tune and since i had a limiter in it i couldt go past 115 mph which limited my rpm but on one of my runs i was getting 204 horse but 217 torque...with 70 humidity and 72 degrees after it rained

Comment

Working...
                            X