3.6 run on a dynajet 424x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.6 run on a dynajet 424x

Well, here are the results of my dyno today. Seems a little low to me, but maybe I really am losing around 50hp due to drivetrain. Chris or somebody who knows more than I, feel free to chime in.

Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
    Originally posted by schenko
    If I could have a woody, I would.

Re: 3.6 run on a dynajet 424x

the 3.6 has like 252 or something like that...where did you get 50hp loss?

i see your lowest run was 217...thats more like 30hp loss which is closer to the norm

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
    PSN: racin247
    Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

I have intake, tune, and exhaust. So I'm probably closer to 270ish bhp.
      Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.

Comment

yea those sound right to have 18 gain...

still, 220hp to the wheels aint bad

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Comment

Yea, I guess not. I was hoping for more, but probably need to get motor mounts, so I'm not losing so much power.

Though the guy with the WRX that dynoed before me gave me a complement, by way of saying that he bought the wrong fucking car

The place I took it to must be like Wrx and Evo tuning central, cause every other car seemed to be one.

Comment

So I happened to find an article that mentioned that the STP correction factor is really old, and gives higher numbers then SAE, so it looks like I'm not even making these numbers :/. WTF.

Comment

dam poor numbers should be more then you got maybe gas or something not running well
              sigpic
              Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
              It takes years to become a member of this elite group
              K&N CAI, Preformance Exhaust GM, Custom Grill GM other mods coming this spring. Ground Effects Kit color coded Black

Comment

Yea I dunno. It was like 75 with 75% humidity and around 30BP. I'm running 93 octane conoco gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks07GTP
                  Yea, I guess not. I was hoping for more, but probably need to get motor mounts, so I'm not losing so much power.

Though the guy with the WRX that dynoed before me gave me a complement, by way of saying that he bought the wrong fucking car

The place I took it to must be like Wrx and Evo tuning central, cause every other car seemed to be one.
                  an impreza (especially old ones) is basically a cheap interior car built to go fast(if you had an sti) but now the wrx ones are quick too.

if i had that car, the only reason i would say i bought the wrong car is because i didnt get an evo

but everyday commutes and so on, the sti is better as it is softer....still a small car inside though which is why i didnt like me either...

Comment

Hmmm, I thought the sti's didn't have a radio or AC or anything like that, and that's part of why they were faster.

Heh, I think he ment he bought the wrong car because he has to have a turbo to get 221whp, and all I needed was intake and tune.

Comment

Hmmm, I thought the sti's didn't have a radio or AC or anything like that, and that's part of why they were faster.

Heh, I think he ment he bought the wrong car because he has to have a turbo to get 221whp, and all I needed was intake and tune.
                      No, STI's have radio, AC, and they even have cruise control too.

Comment

did he realize we have fwd?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by silverg6er

an impreza (especially old ones) is basically a cheap interior car built to go fast(if you had an sti) but now the wrx ones are quick too.

if i had that car, the only reason i would say i bought the wrong car is because i didnt get an evo

but everyday commutes and so on, the sti is better as it is softer....still a small car inside though which is why i didnt like me either...
                          Which car is still a small car inside?

Comment

Yea, he was sitting right in front of the dyno. When he did his run, he didn't seem to care all that much, so I'm thinking he doesn't really like his car.

Comment

Originally posted by BigV11
                              Originally posted by silverg6er

Which car is still a small car inside?
                              an impreza...

Yea, he was sitting right in front of the dyno. When he did his run, he didn't seem to care all that much, so I'm thinking he doesn't really like his car.

well duh! a 2.0 or 2.5 (depending on the year) with a turbo, versus a 3.6 v6.... that guys sounds retarded
                              a 3.7 370Z puts out around 280 i think to the wheels..with nothing done to it, maybe he should have bought that instead too....
                              my 3.0 tt 300zx (1990) is putting around 250 to the wheels maybe he should have bought that as well....

Comment

Working...
                              X