• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3.6 run on a dynajet 424x

Originally posted by silverg6er
    Originally posted by BigV11

an impreza (especially old ones) is basically a cheap interior car built to go fast(if you had an sti) but now the wrx ones are quick too.

if i had that car, the only reason i would say i bought the wrong car is because i didnt get an evo

but everyday commutes and so on, the sti is better as it is softer....still a small car inside though which is why i didnt like me either...
    Which car is still a small car inside?
    an impreza...
    Really? I think its bigger inside then my car is......

Comment

than a g6 sedan? are you crazy? when is the last time you sat in one or parked next to one....?

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
      PSN: racin247
      Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Ok sort of on topic 224 to the tires is abotu 280CHP assuming a 20% driveline loss which is about typical for a FWD auto, what gear was it run in?
        Chris White
        http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
        2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
        2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
        2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
        2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
        2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

than a g6 sedan? are you crazy? when is the last time you sat in one or parked next to one....?
          I sat in one the other day, and I it feels bigger. Like when you sit in the back seat of the G6 your head hits the roof (well atleast mine does and all my friends because thats like the only thing they complain about in my car) but when I sit in the backseat of a STI I have plenty of headroom.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix
            Ok sort of on topic 224 to the tires is abotu 280CHP assuming a 20% driveline loss which is about typical for a FWD auto, what gear was it run in?
            Not sure, I'm guessing 3rd. By the time they got to my run, I had been there for 8 hours, and it was 10 at night, so I really didn't think to ask.
            Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
            Originally posted by schenko
            If I could have a woody, I would.

Comment

those numbers are horseshit low.

I dyno'd my LX9 on a mustang dyno and I got 204 hp to wheels and 211lbs trq. And mustang dyno's typically lowball the numbers.

You should be making more. Somethings wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                those numbers are horseshit low.

I dyno'd my LX9 on a mustang dyno and I got 204 hp to wheels and 211lbs trq. And mustang dyno's typically lowball the numbers.

You should be making more. Somethings wrong.
                what mods do you have?

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Comment

I ninja'ed these from another post, but as of Aug of 08, he had: 93 octane vector tune, K/N cone air filter, CRAB intake, custom magnaflow exhaust, vector HSRK
                  Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.

Comment

yeah but he ported some stuffs.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
                      yeah but he ported some stuffs.
                      thats what i thought..

Comment

I'm wondering if I should go to another place and do another run??

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks07GTP
                          I'm wondering if I should go to another place and do another run??
                          yes.

Comment

Here's what one guy was saying over on the forum that hosted the event. This was about another guy's car, but figured it applied to mine as well.

15% is about right for RWD.

20-25% is more realistic for AWD cars. More for automatic cars as well. Also given the DA (density altitude), you'll be even lower on power.
                            So this there a way to measure DA or something, so I can compare next time?

EDIT: I googled and found a DA calculater using the NWS weather history. Looks like my DA at the time was 2114feet, so almost an exact 1300ft difference from my elevation.

For reference, here are the measurements at the time.

Altitude 817 feet
                            Air Temperature 72 degrees F
                            Altimeter Setting 29.91 inches Hg
                            Dew Point 63 degrees F

Comment

That looks about right. If you can, you'll want to get the dyno done when it's cool and you have high atmospheric pressure.
                              "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                              ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                              SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

So the same website that had the DA calculater also has an engine tuning one, which will give you Dyno correction factor and relative horsepower. According to it, my DCF is 1.027, which would mean my SAE corrected values are 231whp and 222.86lb/tq.

Comment

Working...
                                X