X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Find your PROVINCES legal tint limit***

***Find your PROVINCES legal tint limit***

So, sure they had a sticky for the Americans...but i was stuck looking and never found anything til i started looking at local shops websites. So here ya go. (hope this already isnt posted somewhere.

apparently NL is off on the vague.:

Originally posted by colinpeddle
    It clearly states in the HTA that NO TINT BEYOND THE STANDARD FACTORY 70% IS ALLOWED IN THE FRONT SIDES.

But, you'll usually get away with anything up to 35% and nailed for anything darker.

But vague it is not.

found this info on the following site. it also has lots of info about tint itself. ( heat reduction, glare reduction and so on.)

Re: ***Find your PROVINCES legal tint limit***

That's much better. I was trying to find a way to fix the layout lol
    <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbzino
      That's much better. I was trying to find a way to fix the layout lol

heh yea i forgot i had a photo bucket. i had spaced it all out before i posted but looks like phpbb doesnt allow it(multiple spaces)..so screen shot for the win

Comment

Well I can correct it on one thing already, which means I wouldn't trust the rest of it at all.

It says the front side windows for NL are "vague", which they're not.

It clearly states in the HTA that NO TINT BEYOND THE STANDARD FACTORY 70% IS ALLOWED IN THE FRONT SIDES.

But, you'll usually get away with anything up to 35% and nailed for anything darker.

But vague it is not.
        The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
          Well I can correct it on one thing already, which means I wouldn't trust the rest of it at all.

It says the front side windows for NL are "vague", which they're not.

But vague it is not.

perhaps it was recently updated - or maybe thats why they also put vague lol

edited main post...if anyone else finds something ill make up my own chart.

also feel free to post any other resources and ill add them but thats the only one that i could find that wasnt specific to only one province.

Comment

Nah, the HTA highway traffic act hasn't been updated in NL since 1998 or something.

The technical rule is 70%, if you wanna chance it and go lower, you still get a ticket for anything lower, even 35% just maybe you won't.

It's like speeding. Yes, the PSL is 60, but if you go 65 you're breaking the law, just you probably won't get a ticket, but sometimes you will. That doesn't mean the PSL is vague.
            The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Well, actually I'm not sure what they're definition of vague is but in ON 35% on the front is legal. Beyond that is illegal but with that being said, I have 15% on mine and havent had any problems. I'm gonna go to 5% all around and I'll update you about that one lol

*Edit

I found the same chart on another website that claimed that it was updated on April 28th, 2003.

Also

Originally posted by International Window Film Association
              Vague (language is unclear, legislative intent is unclear, or interpretation is uncertain, any information following is subject to change or interpretation).
              <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

Don't forget. Those are also provincial. City has another rule. Like Regina, Sask. NO means no to them.................period............god I hate it here.

A Small Profit Is No Loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Stillborne
                  Don't forget. Those are also provincial. City has another rule. Like Regina, Sask. NO means no to them.................period............god I hate it here.

huh?...regina dosnt alow any tint?...i lived there...lots have tint...my x's truck had tint...lol?

Comment

Ya... what do you mean? I was gonna get tinted soon... By the way, do you know of any good (and cheap) tinting shops here?

Comment

Originally posted by Dav3

huh?...regina dosnt alow any tint?...i lived there...lots have tint...my x's truck had tint...lol?
                      No no. I mean that they don't allow you to tint the windows that are up front -side or the windshield.
                      Some people tint those just enough to take the glare off.
                      Fair enough.
                      The rule isn't for visibility. It's for broken glass coverage.
                      The glass is made with several layers and parts put together like pressed meat scraps so that when they break, they square down into tiny particles and prevent any harm to the driver/passenger during an accident.
                      That way you hear of almost no fatalities from the window alone itself.
                      Throw on some film from a tint and wallah! You got yourself a window that will fragment in larger pieces and could possibly cause great harm to you or your passenger.
                      and the Regina City Police are very, very sticky about that rule.
                      Sure someone might say they got a friend of a friend that has gotten away with it for years...I say he's full of s**t.
                      Now you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboash
                        Ya... what do you mean? I was gonna get tinted soon... By the way, do you know of any good (and cheap) tinting shops here?
                        Read the above explanation.
                        Ziebart. Go to Ziebart.
                        You can not get a cheap price without cheap quality.
                        If they are not getting payed well then they will just not care about that little, tiny unseen fold in the corner that will flip up and peel and bubble a year later.
                        Ziebart uses the best tint in the business and the back 3 for your car will be about $230.00 CAD
                        Go see them.
                        They will give you a list of stuff to take care of your tint as well so as to optimize the life and quality of it.
                        You won't be disappointed. They have well payed artists there.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboash
                          Read the above explanation.
                          Ziebart. Go to Ziebart.
                          You can not get a cheap price without cheap quality.
                          If they are not getting payed well then they will just not care about that little, tiny unseen fold in the corner that will flip up and peel and bubble a year later.
                          Ziebart uses the best tint in the business and the back 3 for your car will be about $230.00 CAD
                          Go see them.
                          They will give you a list of stuff to take care of your tint as well so as to optimize the life and quality of it.
                          You won't be disappointed. They have well payed artists there.
                          Ziebart is good, but typically you'll be able to find smaller, independant places that will do the job MUCH cheaper with just as good, if not better quality standards.

I personally use a place call 98 Tinthaus. Its run by a older philapeno that has been doing it for 25 years, and he charges me $150 for 5 windows.
                          2006 Pontiac G6 GT with Panoroof

Comment

Working...
                          X