This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PAINT CODES - Post em up

Some names are changed...like Arrival blue is Electric blue....Codes the same.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

unversal black

Mods: CRAB option 3, Black Grill Trim, Intake Resonator Delete, Ram Air Through Grill, Red Calipers, Tinted Tails, Partial Debadge, GM Strut Bar, 20% all-around tint, Lamin-X Headlight tint, Black corners, (FIRST EVER) black GT Rims, 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" P1's, Kenwood 1000w-2ch amp, DDM HID 6K Low Beams & Fogs

Check Out My Progression!!

Comment

I might be wrong but i think why the name's arnt the same is b/c they are tri stage paint's. As in when you have a base color, then a topcoat, (transparent color), then a clear coat to get the Pearl effect As an example my car has a cool effect in the sun with the eletric blue metallic. It go's from a deep almost navy blue to a bright aqua color in the sun. So to get that effect you would use an arrival blue base with a Imperial blue transparent coat on top so when the sun hits it the lighter metallic blue under becomes visible. I am assuming the one's with EFFECT in the name are the top coat's b/c the trunk of my car is closer to the arrival blue like it dose not have the imperial blue coat in the trunk. Two more examples would be Fusion Metallic Orange which is probably either a silver or white base with the sunburst effect on top, And the blue gold color (i cant remember the real name) is probably th arrival base with the transition blue(if you look at the color beside the name, it looks gold not blue) effect coat. Im sure if you look at the options sheet on a car with a color like this, the paint job was more expensive then the base colors like red white black (no metallic). Hope this helps with some of the confusion.
        G6 GTP 07 3.6L, 6spd manumatic,Custom intake, dropped, on 20"s, debadged.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3169011

Comment

...what? maybe because i'm tired but with the way i read that, you're saying some colors are tri-coats because they have a base, top, and clear?

That's how most are

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
            ...what? maybe because i'm tired but with the way i read that, you're saying some colors are tri-coats because they have a base, top, and clear?

That's how most are
            Sry i know it was a lil long lol.

To answer your question MOST!!! paint jobs are dual stage

1.Base coat
            2. Clear coat
            I.E. red/clear

A tri stage has a

1. solid base color/
            2. a transparent topcoat
            3. a clear coat
            I.E. silver(metallic) / transparent red / clear <<< this would create candy red
            G6 GTP 07 3.6L, 6spd manumatic,Custom intake, dropped, on 20"s, debadged.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3169011

Comment

my paint color they told me here in Canada is a Carbon Black Metallic which was a special paint. now will my paint code be WA8555 for a base coat then (black) then WA501Q for Carbon Flash Metallic (Clear coat)?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3261905 My Ride

Mods: U/L Recessed Chrome Grilles, vent visor, LED 3rd brake lights. Wicked C.A.S enclosure, MTX Speakers, Pioneer 800watt amp, JL Audio 10w0v2-4 sub, pioneer 4100 deck. Crab 03/04,18" Core Racing rims with 245/45. Painted engine cover/battery box, HID 6000k Flasktech lows, GMPP Strut Bar, GMPP Performance exhaust, Painted Red Calipers,Flashtech 6000k fogs, Tinted Tails/windows, G6 Trunk lid
              Coming soon!: R8 Headlights, GM Ground Effects

Comment

13U performance red metallic
                17U quicksilver metallic
                37U midnight blue metallic
                50U summit white
                51U gold mist metallic
                58U carbon black metallic
                75U dark steel gray metallic
                78U blue-gold metallic
                92U silver green metallic
                98U white diamond tricoat

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
                87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
                90 Eagle Talon TSI
                09 G6 Progression(New Car)
                My Progression

Comment

06 Liquid Silver metallic???

67U right?
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

So what the heck is my code? WAU573Q.... U573Q.... 573Q????

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                    I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

BuMp.... ^^^

Sorry guys I need this cause I need to order some paint to do some color matching som interior pieces... Thanks in advance....

EDIT: ok I think I found it... it's WA573Q, but it's not Performance Red Metalic..... WTF!?!?! Oh and code 13 has the same name... what gives? Should this matter or do should I order it?

Linky HERE

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                      I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

yea.. well.. its calling my color (67U) light tarnished silver metallic..

its most def 'supposed' to be liquid silver metallic

so.. dunno if it matters

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Adding to this (I know it's old, but I didn't see my color)

2007 G6
                          Transition Blue Metallic (the light blue/grey as it's often referred to)
                          400P, 78, WA400P

And just a couple notes on those numbers (pulled from: http://www.automotivetouchup.com/tou...ntiac/2008/g6/ )

400P - This is what is shown on the RPO code sticker above, but it is shown as "U 573Q". Not sure why the U is added, but the BC/CC before it stands for Base Coat/Clear Coat
                          78 - This shows up as the RPO Code option with the U post fixed, so this would be 78U, and in the image above, you can see 13U in the RPO code list.
                          WA400P - This is the actual paint code that most places use to look up from. Notice the WA Prefix. I believe this is pretty standard. You should be able to take the paint code from the BC/CC section, drop the U and add WA to get the paint code.

This assumes GM vehicles. On two-tone vehicles, you'll often find multiple codes for each section.
                          2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Working...
                          X