Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 malibu SS with 3.5 V6?! what the...?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2004 malibu SS with 3.5 V6?! what the...?!!!

Originally posted by dre256
    Originally posted by newbiestyle
    I remember reading about a 280hp SUPERCHARGED 3.5 V6, not a 280hp 3.9 V6. Seeing as how GM made a handful of factory supercharged 3.4 V6 in the grand am, its not unlikely. I really wish there was an underhood pic.
    The GX6 G6 Coupe concept looks much like the 2005 SEMA G6 Performance Coupe concept, though wearing different (and better-looking) wheels. Where the SEMA concept was all about the looks, the 2006 GXP concept takes the look of the SEMA concept and adds a 270HP 3.9L V6 mated to a six-speed manual transmission. Air flow tricks include a ram air induction system with K&N air filter to a cat-back free-flowing exhaust.
    http://news.vehiclevoice.com/2006/04/po ... ept_1.html

Sorry was 270 HP But it was a 3V 3900 not a 2V, that they didnt mention
    thats different from what I read. It was in a thread on g6p and they were talking about the G6 prototype. I'll try and find it.

Comment

That whole thing has to be wrong...why would they design a 2004 Malibu SS to look like that...have a 3.5 liter engine with 270 hp...and then change the design to the split grille design for the regular Malibus in 2005 and give the SS in 06 and 07 a 3.9 with less hp? Something is definitely not right here....

Edit: I read both paragraphs of the barret Jackson tag...but i still don't see why they would go to a split grille design for 05 only to go back to the design they have for the standard models and SS's in 06-07...that body kit is exactly as it appears on my car...even the wheels are exactly the same...oh and the Malibu SS's didn't have the SS embroidered in the seats...it had the SS on the steering wheel.
      CarDomain - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2932943

2006 'SS' Malibu
      Tune Time ECM/TCM tune
      Injen Clone Stage 4 Intake
      Pooners C.R.A.B.
      2 1/2" Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
      EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Rotors w/ Red stuff Pads
      Est. 227 HP 224 Torque at wheels
      Est. 267 HP 263 Torque at crank

Comment

Originally posted by SSsuperstar
        oh and the Malibu SS's didn't have the SS embroidered in the seats...it had the SS on the steering wheel.
        Yeah, only mine does

'06 Malibu SS...Vector 93 tune, Nitto Invo, Magnaflow, Cai

Comment

Working...
        X