This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.6L Intake Manifold Insulators -- SUCCESS

UPDATE: Pooners has given permission make this the official Group Buy list since we have enough interested. I have also added dates. This will run from April 15th - April 30th so that I can give the Aussie the numbers. That's two full weeks folks. Now for financials. I will collect all the money and send the guy one big payment. Then, I will provide updates to everybody on when they get here and ship them out the next day (assuming it's a viable ship date). And then bob's your uncle, you've a brand new manifold insulator. I now turn back to the original post.

-------------------------------------------------------

I have been in contact with a manufacturer in Australia that makes intake manifold insulators for the 3.6. Basically, they are a heat resistant 12mm spacer between the upper and lower intake manifold. This effectively prevents heat soak of the intake manifold thus getting colder air further into the engine before it gets heated up. This means colder air into the combustion chamber and thus, more power. This also increases the runner length.

Here is the dyno chart that compares a car with and without the spacer. Cool thing is the huge pickup in torque down low. Also, there was a pickup throughout the entire RPM band:

You can check out the site by going to http://www.maceengineering.com.au/_MaceProducts.htm then click on "Automotive Products" --> "Manifold Insulators" --> "Holden Alloytec VY-VZ V6"

Now for the good stuff. They are willing to do a group by for 5 or more folks. The spacers will be $83 a piece. Now, if you want them shipped directly to your place, it's $33 for shipping. However, he has offered to send them all to my place for $70 (the makes them only $14 a piece for shipping). I will then send them onto you guys. Shipping will be a lot less that way, so total price would be $97 + shipping from my Florence, KY. So really, just over $100 for a fairly significant, dyno proven pickup in torque and horsepower.

Like I said, I need 5. So who is in?

1. 07GTPBlackAndTan (Nate)
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Re: 3.6L Intake Manifold Insulators - Group Buy Interest

Nate, this is a very intriguing find. Thank you for making us aware. I have initial interest and would like to know: any possible affect on warranty; guesstimate of cost to get it to me in Toronto; installation how to. I'm sure many others will jump in with comments/questions so I'll sit back and watch. Please put me down as "in" at this point. Thanks.
    Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
    Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
    Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Originally posted by standfast
      Nate, this is a very intriguing find. Thank you for making us aware. I have initial interest and would like to know: any possible affect on warranty; guesstimate of cost to get it to me in Toronto; installation how to. I'm sure many others will jump in with comments/questions so I'll sit back and watch. Please put me down as "in" at this point. Thanks.
      Can't really thing of anything that would impact warranty as it actually makes things cooler. I have requested the product size and weight so that I can do shipping estimates. Installation instruction for the holden are here http://maceengineering.com.au/ALLOYT...TALLATION_.pdf but there aren't any instructions for our engine yet so I'll probably be the one to create them once they get here.

1. 07GTPBlackAndTan.
      2. standfast

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what kind of performance boost you guys get with this. Good luck.
        Planned mods:
        HSRK, motor mounts, tinted tail lights, ECM/TCM/whatever tune, hood struts, HIDs, white and blue gauge cluster and CD/menu screen LED swap, GTP rear valance, GXP front bumper, GT-R exhaust
        Finished/in-progress:
        2/8/09 - removed intake resonator | 3/21/09 - installed Injen clone stage 4 CAI
        3/23/09 - 30% tint w/eyebrow
        12/2014 - 2008 stereo install (for aux in)

Comment

Would a tune be needed after installation of this for best results? Im interested but not before knowing how much work is involved with installation.

Comment

Whoa cool. My neighbor, literally across the street from me, has the same type of business he's got going. I recognized the first pic showing the hot and cold. He is mostly dealing with imports, I was thinkin about askin him to make one for my engine when I got back home from school. I think its about the same price too. Good luck guys.
            Mods: FlashTech, GT-R, K&N, Kenwood, JVC, CQuence

Comment

Originally posted by Tmack857
              Would a tune be needed after installation of this for best results? Im interested but not before knowing how much work is involved with installation.
              I guess we'd have to ask Chris if he thinks a retune would be needed. I wouldn't see why, but I could be totally wrong.

Comment

I'm in.

1. 07GTPBlackAndTan
                2. standfast
                3. steelgraygtp

Installation is fairly easy, its just 6-10 bolts to remove the intake manifold and some hoses. Then you put the spacers over the lower intake manifold, put on the gasket, and bolt the upper intake manifold back on.
                Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Listening in. Don't have the cash outlay as of now, but I'm interested.

If this changes, i'll add myself to the list
                  "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                  ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                  SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Originally posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan
                    Originally posted by Tmack857
                    I guess we'd have to ask Chris if he thinks a retune would be needed. I wouldn't see why, but I could be totally wrong.
                    I just talked to Chris and he says we wouldn't need to retune it.

Comment

There goes my engine warranty.

1. 07GTPBlackAndTan
                      2. standfast
                      3. steelgraygtp
                      4. sticks07gtp
                      Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
                      Originally posted by schenko
                      If I could have a woody, I would.

Comment

1. 07GTPBlackAndTan
                        2. standfast
                        3. steelgraygtp
                        4. sticks07gtp
                        5. mi04se1

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                        4 door mafia
                        93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
                        8000k hid's
                        Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                        Rotofab cai and radiator cover
                        13.207@107.11
                        330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks07GTP
                          There goes my engine warranty.

1. 07GTPBlackAndTan
                          2. standfast
                          3. steelgraygtp
                          4. sticks07gtp
                          Are you kidding? something goes wrong, uninstall it before you take it in
                          "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                          ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                          SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Yea, I know. I just kidding when I wrote that, but forgot to put the face.
                            Member: Blue Man Group---Mods: Chrome upper/lower recessed grills, CRAB Intakes CAB, Solar Gard 37/23 tint, VMS ECM tune, GT-R exhaust.
                            Originally posted by schenko
                            If I could have a woody, I would.

Comment

Ok lets get the 3.5 rolling now
                              2007 Red Sedan "6" REPOSSESED
                              Looking for a 500$ Beater to be the home of my stereo system

Comment

Working...
                              X