Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RacingLine Street Ed. Motor Mounts

Originally posted by snowmanG6
    haha, hey i have the 3.9 with 4speed there hardly any to no room in there either
    smaller engine smaller trans?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

how is a 3.9 smaller then a 3.6?

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
      Originally posted by ahuhn
      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
        how is a 3.9 smaller then a 3.6?
        If leon's right the lz9 has 3 ci less displacement. And then there's still the 6 speed trans that's bigger.

i'm not going to lie i really don't know but the ly7 looks bigger.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

3.9 liter is 3900 cubic centimeters which is 237.99 cubic inches and the 3.6 liters is 3600 cubic centimeters which is 219.68 cubic inches. unless the outside measurements is different then internal

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
          Originally posted by ahuhn
          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

The 3.6 is DOHC. Which means it is either the same size or bigger than the 3.9 which is cam in block.
            Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
            - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
            - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Originally posted by steelgraygtp
              The 3.6 is DOHC. Which means it is either the same size or bigger than the 3.9 which is cam in block.
              Bingo: the displacement given for whatever engine is based on total internal cylinder displacement, not external phsical engine size.

I can't give exact figures, but, the 3.6 has 4 total cams compared the the 3.9's one (i think it's one, either one or two), which instead of being in the block, have 2 each on top of taller cylinder heads. You also factor in the sprockets and timing chain/belt and the associated run for it, as opposed to a shorter run chain/belt on a OHV engine, and overall, you'll end up with a physically bigger engine in size despite internal displacement. For those that graduated from the J platform to the epsilon platform and were enthusasts of those cars--just compare the overall sizes between the 2.2l/2200 OHV engines and the 2.2 ecotec--same internal displacement, but the 2.2 ecotec was about the same size as the 2.4 TC. and it was apparent to any observer how much smaller the older 2.2ohv's are.

Plus, Auto trannys are bigger physcially than stickshifts, and, more gears in an auto would take up even more room.

From what i've seen, just based on pics and my own experience with my 3.6, the 3.9 is a bit smaller overall, but even with the 4-speed slushbox, it's still pretty tight compared to, say, the 3.5. I know for the rear mount on mine i had barely enough room to manoeuver my hand between the tranny/engine and the rack and had to do most of my work wrapping my arm around the A-arm on either side.

Hence, why i say there's simply not enough room for 2 car savvy guys to work on unless they each have the build of a 6-year old. The only way i think it would be possible is to disconnect the rack, halfshafts, and possibly exhaust to even think of getting the rear mount done in ehough time to break the 45 minute mark for both mounts. However, the time to do all of that would negate any time advantage.

just my opinion though, if i'm wrong, i'll glady feast upon crow
              "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
              ~~GWAR's description of Hell
              SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

I think this is a great upgrade and well worth doing either street or racing versions. Definitely need for the spirited driver and the amount of movement our engine has. The front MMI was easy to install the rear was a pain in the butt.

Comment

Working...
                X