X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RacingLine Street Ed. Motor Mounts

Originally posted by snowmanG6
    Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
    well i wanna have low 14's so i want everything i can to get there...cept a turbo or nitrous.... if i got these i will have the following when im finished:
    tune,exhaust,intake,motor mounts, lowering, sticky tires, ram air hood, g6 performance sticker

Think i can make it?

And any guesses as to how much more power these actually allow to the ground
    with all those mods u should get the low 14's, i have the same mods as u expect lowering and sticky tires. i think with the G6P sticker u should be sittin around 300 , but just in figurative numbers u should be around 260-265hp at the crank so maybe 220-230 at the wheels maybe a lil more
    rumor of a friend of mine that he knows someone with a dyno I could use....we will see if that ever comes true, if so we will know what the exhaust, tune, intake, and motor mounts can lay down with an automatic 4spd
    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

that would be sweet, i think dar was 190at the wheels with her tune intake and exhaust, she has the 3.5

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
      Originally posted by ahuhn
      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

that would be sweet, i think dar was 190at the wheels with her tune intake and exhaust, she has the 3.5
        that would make since with stock numbers differences then your 220-230 wheel est would be pretty accurate..
        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

so more power to wheels, instant change in butt dyno......hmm now im considering especially at the good 50$ price......only thing that worries me is install..
          Honestly man, it's really not that bad. I'm a home garage mechanic and I did it without any concerns. I'm sure anybody who can change oil can do this install.
          2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
          1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

I ordered the race series mounts! They will be here in a few days!!!
            sigpic
            Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Originally posted by thestig
              Wow, I think you're the first one so far to order the race series. I have to admit, the street wasn't that bad at first, but they have settled in a little bit and I'm picking up a little more vibrations. I wouldn't want to go with race as I like to drive my car for our weekend trips to and from the in laws.

But, I'm sure you'll love 'em. And from what I hear, your install will be MUCH easier than mine

ENJOY!

Comment

The only thing I'm worried about is if these will cause anything to break...like my trany...because of the extra stress it would put on it. Any thoughts?
                sigpic
                Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

When it comes to the vibrations I'm usually the only one in the car so I don't think I'll mind.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 07GTPBlackAndTan
                    Wow, I think you're the first one so far to order the race series. I have to admit, the street wasn't that bad at first, but they have settled in a little bit and I'm picking up a little more vibrations. I wouldn't want to go with race as I like to drive my car for our weekend trips to and from the in laws.

But, I'm sure you'll love 'em. And from what I hear, your install will be MUCH easier than mine

ENJOY!

so far i have no vibrations that i can tell or notice

Comment

The only thing I'm worried about is if these will cause anything to break...like my trany...because of the extra stress it would put on it. Any thoughts?
                      Nah, I don't think it'll hurt anything. In fact, it would make sense to me to actually help it as there isn't extra movement of the engine before it engages the tranny, so there isn't any slack between the two...but that's just me as I'm no mechanical engineer or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                        That's good. So you have the race mounts? I'd love to see the difference in the 3.6 but there's no way in hell I'll ever take that rear mount out if I can avoid it. Not that it was really hard, just a big pain in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                          That's good. So you have the race mounts? I'd love to see the difference in the 3.6 but there's no way in hell I'll ever take that rear mount out if I can avoid it. Not that it was really hard, just a big pain in the ass.

no i have the street series, which is suppose to have a little vibration but i cant tell a difference yet

Comment

the install on the 3.9 is probably the easiest. i did mine with help in about 45mins. u need a 18mm 15mm and 10mm i did a comment in the how to thread viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18290&start=45
                            i highly recommend it. dont worry bought install its pretty easy. 3.5 is a lil harder. and from the sounds out it the 3.6 is a bitch
                            well i wanna have low 14's so i want everything i can to get there...cept a turbo or nitrous.... if i got these i will have the following when im finished:
                            tune,exhaust,intake,motor mounts, lowering, sticky tires, ram air hood, g6 performance sticker

Think i can make it?

And any guesses as to how much more power these actually allow to the ground
                            If I could +rep you I would, that joke just never gets old.
                            Planned mods:
                            HSRK, motor mounts, tinted tail lights, ECM/TCM/whatever tune, hood struts, HIDs, white and blue gauge cluster and CD/menu screen LED swap, GTP rear valance, GXP front bumper, GT-R exhaust
                            Finished/in-progress:
                            2/8/09 - removed intake resonator | 3/21/09 - installed Injen clone stage 4 CAI
                            3/23/09 - 30% tint w/eyebrow
                            12/2014 - 2008 stereo install (for aux in)

Comment

I'm still debating if I want the Street or Race series... i'm thinking that Race would be pretty sick, but I don't know if I could handle the NVH after... I am used to driving a Camry.
                              106,000 MILES!
                              There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
                              Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

ENJOY!

i've got the race ones in mine. never been in one that has the street ones to compare them too though.

i've had mine in for a quite a while and so far nothing has failed because of them but obviously i can't tell if there is any more wear and tear or not until something does give. mine is a lowered 6-speed so i get the driveline vibration from it being lowered as well but i can tell the difference in that and the motor mount vibrations.

Comment

Working...
                                X