Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RacingLine Street Ed. Motor Mounts

Originally posted by bg6gtp
    do you get any vibrations or anything like that?
    I get slightly more vibrations in the steering wheel when idling. I don't really noticed anything other than that. Although, I haven't had it on the highway since I put the rear one it, so I can't speak as to lower RPM besides idle at a stop light.
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

Originally posted by thestig
      I know that these mounts make a huge difference in the feel of the car, but I wonder if the mounts would give you more power on a dyno. I'm thinkin that it could let you get more power to the wheels. BTW, I don't have the mounts...yet.....Right before I found out about these I promised myself I'd stop spending money on my car.
      Uhhh, since you found out about this AFTER your promise, your original contract with yourself to not spend money did not include this. Therefore, the motor mounts are as we say in IT land, "out of scope" for the original agreement and therefore are fair game.

Besides, what's $50? I mean, if it bothers you that much, save $10 for 5 weeks from not doing something else, like eating out or something, then get your mounts. I would HIGHLY recommend these especially if you are tracking the car because they really put the power to the wheels quicker (seat-of-pants verified only).

Comment

Just curious did you get the street series or the race series mounts......
        Crab cold air intake, GT-R exhaust, painted calipers blue, Blue colored engine and battery cover, and much more to come!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hjs2fast4u
          Just curious did you get the street series or the race series mounts......
          Uhhh, take a look at the title of the thread..."RacingLine Street Ed. Motor Mounts"

Comment

One too many last night when i posted that .....anyway I ordered the mounts and unfortunately they are on back order for two weeks
            Crab cold air intake, GT-R exhaust, painted calipers blue, Blue colored engine and battery cover, and much more to come!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hjs2fast4u
              One too many last night when i posted that .....anyway I ordered the mounts and unfortunately they are on back order for two weeks
              haha, no prob. Sucks they are on back order though!! They had mine out right away. Shipping was quick too. I'll tell ya though. It'll be well worth the wait! Good luck with the install and PM me if you need help e-help

Comment

I'll get at ya if I have any problems with the install.....and i'll update ya on how they feel in the 3.9l manual

Comment

So does anyone know how bad the vibrations from RACE series mounts in a 3.5 auto wud be???

P.s. I've searched lol

MY PROGRESSION- viewtopic.php?f=119&t=26123

Comment

they'll make your girlfriend happy

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

I can only assume that they make for almost no if not any at all engine movement....which means it's going to be one with the chassis and you will feel it significantly....that's my assumption as my drag sled has a direct mount to the bulk head and you can feel it all....of course that's only on a small scale but you get the point.....

Comment

even the race ones arnt like solid mounts i've felt in other cars. its fucking comfy and luxurious compared

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

so more power to wheels, instant change in butt dyno......hmm now im considering especially at the good 50$ price......only thing that worries me is install..
                          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

the install on the 3.9 is probably the easiest. i did mine with help in about 45mins. u need a 18mm 15mm and 10mm i did a comment in the how to thread viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18290&start=45
                            i highly recommend it. dont worry bought install its pretty easy. 3.5 is a lil harder. and from the sounds out it the 3.6 is a bitch

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                            Originally posted by ahuhn
                            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                              the install on the 3.9 is probably the easiest. i did mine with help in about 45mins. u need a 18mm 15mm and 10mm i did a comment in the how to thread viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18290&start=45
                              i highly recommend it. dont worry bought install its pretty easy. 3.5 is a lil harder. and from the sounds out it the 3.6 is a bitch
                              well i wanna have low 14's so i want everything i can to get there...cept a turbo or nitrous.... if i got these i will have the following when im finished:
                              tune,exhaust,intake,motor mounts, lowering, sticky tires, ram air hood, g6 performance sticker

Think i can make it?

And any guesses as to how much more power these actually allow to the ground
                              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                                well i wanna have low 14's so i want everything i can to get there...cept a turbo or nitrous.... if i got these i will have the following when im finished:
                                tune,exhaust,intake,motor mounts, lowering, sticky tires, ram air hood, g6 performance sticker

Think i can make it?

And any guesses as to how much more power these actually allow to the ground
                                with all those mods u should get the low 14's, i have the same mods as u expect lowering and sticky tires. i think with the G6P sticker u should be sittin around 300 , but just in figurative numbers u should be around 260-265hp at the crank so maybe 220-230 at the wheels maybe a lil more

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                                Originally posted by ahuhn
                                so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Working...
                                X