X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a NEW gmc? why?

Originally posted by cdipier2
    Originally posted by Detro
    If Gm goes into reorganization gmc, saab, and hummer are gone. Saab and hummer are up for sale right now and gmc is a waste of brand because its just a copy cat of chevy. They need to downsize without eliminating main brands that support Gm.
    i agree. just look at the chevy colorado and gmc canyon. the only difference is the badge, everything else is exactly the same
    Thats how 90% of GM is! You can paint an Orange blue, it's still an Orange...

Look at our G6's. Mailbu, Aura, and soon Suzuki Kizashi, all the same...

FourDoorMafia MySpace | YouTube

Current Mods: ZZP Strut Bar | CRAB FPU w/Fenderwell Intake
    Future Mods: Flowmaster 50 Series Exhaust
    Fabrication: Rear Strut Bar

Comment

Originally posted by justham
      Originally posted by cdipier2
      Originally posted by Detro
      If Gm goes into reorganization gmc, saab, and hummer are gone. Saab and hummer are up for sale right now and gmc is a waste of brand because its just a copy cat of chevy. They need to downsize without eliminating main brands that support Gm.
      i agree. just look at the chevy colorado and gmc canyon. the only difference is the badge, everything else is exactly the same
      Thats how 90% of GM is! You can paint an Orange blue, it's still an Orange...

Look at our G6's. Mailbu, Aura, and soon Suzuki Kizashi, all the same...
      yea but they don't exactly the same like rebadges..in those cases it's different.

the G6 and aura though to me, are too close.

really and truly GM should have an economy low budget brand, a midrange brand, and a luxury high end brand. But oh well. we'll see how thins go after the bankruptcy

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
      PSN: racin247
      Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Originally posted by BigV11
        Do you have lambo doors on your corvette?
        YES
        mmmm.........I don't even know what to say. Part of me wants to go outside and bash my head into a wall for your stupidity.
        The car is received well at shows and has the trophies to prove it. Rice???, Your intitled to your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by oldmanvette1975
          YES
          mmmm.........I don't even know what to say. Part of me wants to go outside and bash my head into a wall for your stupidity.
          The car is received well at shows and has the trophies to prove it. Rice???, Your intitled to your opinion.
          But why? That is the stupidest thing in the world to do. I mean really, who puts lambo doors on a Corvette. And it is rice, so I don't really know why you're putting question marks after it.

Comment

Well i guess lambo doors on a lambo is ricer

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
            I'm open to other ideas that'll make my car sick awesome super deluxe pro-friggin BOOYAH yo, as long as they're cheap.

Comment

YES
              But why? That is the stupidest thing in the world to do. I mean really, who puts lambo doors on a Corvette. And it is rice, so I don't really know why you're putting question marks after it.
              yo, don't be so harsh...obviously the car is being well received so chill...apparently your idea is not the same as a majority who go to the car shows. Also i think people have to get off the whole, oh lambo doors on a domestic, just as domestic cars becoming less domestic but more internationally made and designed and so on. Everything is being globalised, whether cultures, cars and so on.....there is no law that says don't put italian originated door systems on an american car.....you see people complaining of suspension upgrades on muscle cars to they can handle well..no one says, ohh, you are trying to imitate handling characteristics of euro and jap cars....so lay off him man.

peace

sorry for the rant..hope all is good

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Comment

First off: Thank you Brent for your kind words.

Second: The car is a father son project and my son, Coolmanvette75, had suggested Lambo doors. No one made them and he researched the projest and found a place that made them. If you think its rice, your intitled to your oppinion. Most folks enjoy the look of the wide body CanAm with the Lambo doors. The car was featured in VETTE mag in April 2007 and they didn't think it was rice either.

This is not rice:

So much for getting

Comment

no probs oldmanvette.

i didn't mean to offend anyone either.

Congrats on the father-son project. I wouldn't argue with a vette mag either.

Comment

I dont want to drag the off topic thing but I am anyways

Just my $0.02, just cause ricers get lambo doors gives them no right to claim it. Lambo doors come from the Lambo which is out of reach of most everyones paycheck. Its classy stylish and different. Dont ever let the ricer community own that. I think its bad ass and I have been tempted to do it to my trans am. So every time you call it rice then the ricers get a little more ahead.

We all have a phrase "Highschool girls car" what does that usually intail? A 2 door coupe right. Then should we call all the coups on here highschool girls cars? No.

The vette is bad ass and more unique

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                    Originally posted by [i
                    Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

First off: Thank you Brent for your kind words.

Second: The car is a father son project and my son, Coolmanvette75, had suggested Lambo doors. No one made them and he researched the projest and found a place that made them. If you think its rice, your intitled to your oppinion. Most folks enjoy the look of the wide body CanAm with the Lambo doors. The car was featured in VETTE mag in April 2007 and they didn't think it was rice either.

This is not rice:

So much for getting
                      I don't recall saying your engine is rice, so why are you posting a picture of it saying that it is not rice? What is rice, is that you put lambo doors on a Corvette, not the engine. I don't really care why you did it, but your son is stupid for suggesting it and your stupid for actually doing it.

Originally posted by WS6 RACING
                      I dont want to drag the off topic thing but I am anyways

Just my $0.02, just cause ricers get lambo doors gives them no right to claim it. Lambo doors come from the Lambo which is out of reach of most everyones paycheck. Its classy stylish and different. Dont ever let the ricer community own that. I think its bad ass and I have been tempted to do it to my trans am. So every time you call it rice then the ricers get a little more ahead.
                      Ricers will never get a little more ahead, that is why they are ricers. They drive piece of shit cars that they think are badass but in reality they are garbage.

Comment

I agree but letting them claim something that is badd ass is stupid

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                        Originally posted by [i
                        Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Originally posted by WS6 RACING
                          I agree but letting them claim something that is badd ass is stupid
                          But lambo doors aren't badass.

Comment

Calling people stupid to get your point across

Its stupid.

So I wonder what the first GMC epsilon platform will look like?
                            maybe we could get a tow package option from the factory
                            My Progress thread
                            http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Is someone gonna lock this. Lets all be friends and make up?

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
                              I'm open to other ideas that'll make my car sick awesome super deluxe pro-friggin BOOYAH yo, as long as they're cheap.

Comment

IMO Lambo Doors are only "rice" when they are on a freakin sedan.
                                Lambo Doors on a coupe look good,sure its not a Lambo, but its Americas answer to a Lambo so get off his case.

Back on topic..
                                GMC is ALL rebadges of Chevy, I agree that it is nice to have a choice in body styles, but that is part of the reason GM is in this position, offering way to many of the same damn thing.
                                Atleast Pontiac has the G8 which is unique, and the Solstice which is only shared by Saturn, which is dead anyway, therefore making the Solstice unique again.
                                2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
                                2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
                                1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

Working...
                                X