Rollin20s angel eye progression FINISHED!! night shots pg 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollin20s angel eye progression FINISHED!! night shots pg 7

ok so ima try and show a step by step of how i am doing this gonna take a while cuz i dont have much time each day to work on it but heres were im at right now

out with the old

in with the replacements

checking to see if they work
    bright as hell in the dark

in the process of separating the headlights
    one headlight done. F*CK the grey sealant

mounted up. trying to take pics and hold the contact wire to the battery

ok now both lights are hooked up and working.
    once again, THESE THINGS ARE BRIGHT AS HELL!!! im speaking for the blue ones, not any other color
    the low beams are a little small but i ran the wire pretty low for the light and they are hidden pretty well. so its looking alright to me so far

ok so i have a made a little progress so far today. getting ready to seal up the headlight for the PS then i got one more to do

this is where i have the inverter box mounted. already did a test fit with putting the lens back on and it does NOT get in the way

and i ran the wires through the rubber boot on the back on the housing. i will be filling the small gap with some silicone so it doesnt get any water in through there

now far all of you that have the gray sealant on the headlights this is what i had to do. once i was able to muscle the lens off, you have to take a utility blade or a dremmel (i used a razor knife, didnt have to take too much off with the dremmel) and take off ALL on the sealant which seems to be an epoxy of some sort. now once you get that off your gonna need to get some new sealant for it. i got a tube of 3M windo-weld. its made to seal up windshields once they are put in, so im giving this a shot. it was $14 from CarQuest. did some research on it and it seems that it will do the trick

now its kind of hard to tell if i did anything to the lens in these pics, but the sealant was very thick so there def a difference, but its the only way to get a good seal is to take the old stuff off

ok the lens is back one and now we wait for it to dry up. used 3M tape to hold the corners and some of the tabs down so i dont have to stand here and watch it.

so with Mike's help (Raginfish) i has able to hard wire the lights into my running lights. they come on with the ambers, they do NOT flash with turn signals, and LOOK HELLA HOT!!

plenty of pics for you to enjoy

and prolly my favorite one so far

and now to work on light #2

both lights are now done and in the car. here are a few pics, ill take more when the sun goes down

so HAPPY i am finally done
    its might just be a family sedan, but girls love this car

Re: Rollin20s angel eye progression

Good luck dude!
    Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
    I <3 Cody.

No homo.
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

keep us posted, it looks rough!! thank god for easy head lights
      sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

How'd you test the halo inside?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

i just plug it in and used a drill battery for the + and - to get it on

Comment

Was the drill battery 14v?

Comment

18v

Comment

Lookin good, how difficult was the process of taking apart the headlight?
                Mods: FlashTech, GT-R, K&N, Kenwood, JVC, CQuence

Comment

looks good. What did u use to separate the gray sealant headlights?

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
                    looks good. What did u use to separate the gray sealant headlights?
                    PATIENCE!!

and lots of prying. it can be done but its a bitch and putting it back together is gonna be a whole other subject

we will cross that bridge when we get there

Comment

ok thats it for tonight.

got the wires ran and the halos mounted into place nice and solid. tested and working. now unfortuanatly i am going to have to cut the wire to make it longer in order to mount the inverter box for the CCFLs but it is what it is. they are not long enough to mount into headlight like the directions said, nor the box be waterproof. so i have to make them longer so they reach the only place that you can mount the box into the headlight. it is what it is. hopefully i can get the thing closed up tomorrow night and work on light number 2

Comment

looks f'n sweet so far!!!!

where did u get the halo's?

__________________________________________________ _________________
                        Current Mods:e-badged, Re-q5, Custom sub console, Tinted Tails, Custom fiberglass woofer box. 2 Memphis PR's
                        In Progress:: Katskinz... Half way there! Painted trim

Comment

Originally posted by asquarecan
                          looks f'n sweet so far!!!!

where did u get the halo's?
                          we got them from chad through the angel eye group buy.

but he's going to stop selling them so you'll have to get them on ebay.

WARNING: Halo fitment sucks.

Comment

Mount them like this. Ive been running these for a while until one of the stupid inverters F up.

Kevin you should probably install quick plugs like i did. Then you can take them in and out with ease.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                            TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                            Show
                            -20% tint
                            -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                            -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Looks good so far...Hope you dont run into any problems
                              Current Mods: CAI Short Ram K&N filter-Custom Magnaflow exhaust system- Xenon tails and headlights(Light Blue)-Debadged trunk-4 inch exhaust tip-15% Tint Back
                              Future Mods: 18 inch Gtp rims-Vms Tune (Want it BAD!)- Appearance mods

Comment

Working...
                              X