This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Oil change discussion

Please post any questions, comments, concerns, or sarcastic remarks you have on changing the oil in this thread.
    This includes what oil to use, oil capacitys, oil pricing, y your oil life wont reset, you changed your oil today and are pround of your self etc etc

This thread was created to eliminate the many, many seperate oil change threads that were out there that all said the same thing so please post in here.

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Re: Official Oil change discussion

oil.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

i'm too lazy to change my own oil and i need the receipts anyway. So I just buy mobil1 5w30 full synthetic at autozone and then give that to my dealer.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

so whats the process of changing the oil myself and still keeping my factory warranty?

do i just show the dealerships any reciepts from the oil i buy or?

Comment

basicaly save your oil and filter reciets and all should be good

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

So I'm planning to start doing mine, I already have a socket set, what other tools do I need?

I'm thinking: Jack, jack stands, boa constrictor wrench / oil filter wrench, drain pan...

Did I miss anything?

Just another idea, if anyone is doing their oil soon, mind snapping a few pictures on where everything is, like filter location, jack stand mount points, drain plug, etc.?
            <-- Gray G6? Click!
            2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
            2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
            Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

funnel

the jack points have little arrows in the side molding, and the filters are right up front and the drain plug is on the firewall side of the engine

Comment

Oil? You mean were supposed to change it? Oh noez
                Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                Originally posted by ahuhn
                i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

I have not done that in like 40000 miles jk
                  I should do mine this week though
                  87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
                  90 Eagle Talon TSI
                  09 G6 Progression(New Car)
                  My Progression

Comment

6 free oil changes at the dealership within 8000K miles..

yes guys i know it's shitty oil, but it's free and i think i do it frequent enough to not have damage from the crappy stuff

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
                    PSN: racin247
                    Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

I suppose this could go here:
                      I went down to buy oil and a filter for my upcoming oil change and stumbled across a little discrepency (sp?)

According to my owners manual my engine size should be a 3.9 liter V6 if I were to go by the vin code........ it starts with a 1. (section 5-120 in owners manual)

however, when I open the hood to my car the plastic engine cover clearly states that I have a 3.5 liter V6. Any thoughts?

TIA,
                      bucko

p.s. sorry if this subject has already been posted..... I didn't have time to read all the other posts before leaving for work.

Comment

its a 3.5. My vin starts with 1 also and I have a an 08 GT.
                        Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                        I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                        Originally posted by ahuhn
                        i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

the 8th digit of the vin is your engine code.

Comment

Kewl thanks. Learned sumthin new.

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
                              i'm too lazy to change my own oil and i need the receipts anyway. So I just buy mobil1 5w30 full synthetic at autozone and then give that to my dealer.
                              I'm too big to change my own oil. Tried it on my Malibu years ago and had to reach to get to both the drain bolt and Oil filter. I was like never again. I guess I could try and lose weight.
                              End Communication...

Comment

Working...
                              X