This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Oil change discussion

I would have told him to replace it anyways. and pay out of pocket, might ass well since he had the bottom of the motor off. the seal is cheap. like 20-30 bucks

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Well he told me to wait because if it gets any worse the warranty company will pay for it. Yes this is completely stupid as they should've covered both while he was already pulling the trans and working in engine.

Comment

I'm about to order my oil and get the change done after the crankshaft seal is replaced. I had it changed once and I still leak around the crankshaft's main seal. I have been running 10w30 royal purple xpr and xps. Xpr for the longer part and Xps recently. I use Kendall titanium synthetic oil in my wife's 05 pathfinder. This time, since the winter is approaching, I'm going to run 5w30 Royal Purple this time.
        I am thinking of running it all the time no matter the season.
        Last edited by GMManof3; 10-06-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I have had my g6 20k miles. has 103K miles, its a 08 coupe.

I run mobil one full synthetic for first 10K miles.

The last 10k miles i have put high mileage in. I run KN oil filter aswell. They were cheap, 4-5$ each, and oil is 25$ max. Every 3000-3500 miles. I think i pushed it to 4K miles this winter because it was cold as hell out in MN. Put 2700 miles onto the car in 6 weeks now since I changed it last.

Comment

Working...
          X