X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official Oil change discussion

Originally posted by silverg6er
    6 free oil changes at the dealership within 8000K miles..

yes guys i know it's shitty oil, but it's free and i think i do it frequent enough to not have damage from the crappy stuff
    If you know it's shitty stuff why would you risk anything with your second largest investment?

Mobil 1 5w30 with a K&N oil filter here.. I'm thinking about switching to Mobil 1 filters as maybe they would flow/filter better..

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
    Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

Originally posted by Dextar

Mobil 1 5w30 with a K&N oil filter here.. I'm thinking about switching to Mobil 1 filters as maybe they would flow/filter better..
      Slight Revival....

Im doing the switch to Mobile 1 this week.... but having issues finding the Mobile 1 filter... you have any remarks about the K&N??... Im going to install one this time, but would like to go Mobile 1 personally...
      My Progression Thread - Previous Car | My CarDomain | G6Performance CarDomain Group
      Current Mods: Canucks Motorsports lowering kit (1.75")
      In Progress Mods:None Yet
      Upcoming Mods: WAMS ECM/TCM Tune | CAI | Rims/Tires | R1 Brakes

Comment

I was talking to a friend, and he told me that Mobil1 is no longer Group IV and it ain't as good.

Anyone can comment on that? I'm thinking of switching to Synthetic on my next change.
        <-- Gray G6? Click!
        2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
        2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
        Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/al...bil-one-2.html

Dunno... might be a biased opinion....
          My Progression Thread - Previous Car | My CarDomain | G6Performance CarDomain Group

Comment

Ok since this thread was revived and I'm too lazy to search for the info I'm just gonna ask in here

Is switching to synthetic really worth it?

Pros and cons anyone?
            <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

Pros: it's better and lasts longer
              Cons: it's more expensive

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
                Pros: it's better and lasts longer
                Cons: it's more expensive

i had a k&n filter on my grand am, didnt notice much of a difference although you can keep it on longer. i just get a fram tuff gaurd and change it everytime i change oil. which is when my DIC says about 50%. i have never ever used anyting other than mobil 1. it feels sooooo very good
                r/t .539, 60' 2.328, 330' 6.529, 1/8mi 10.002, 71.16 mph (completely stock)

My Baby in her darkest hour
                http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...l=1#post389966

Comment

Now..... Ive heard some serious horror stories about Fram filters.... I normally use them too but am switching over just because....

Comment

rut roh.... i havent heard anything. i have to change my oil in the next couple... days, weeks, whatever. what have you heard? and with how valid are the stories? and what are you switching to?
                    r/t .539, 60' 2.328, 330' 6.529, 1/8mi 10.002, 71.16 mph (completely stock)

My Baby in her darkest hour
                    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...l=1#post389966

Comment

Autozone has Mobil 1 5+ quart oil change and a Mobil 1 filter for 29.00. Cant beat that actually it saves you like 18.00 of buying them separate. Then I get me 10% firefighter discount for a little more savings... Every little bit counts.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus5057
                        rut roh.... i havent heard anything. i have to change my oil in the next couple... days, weeks, whatever. what have you heard? and with how valid are the stories? and what are you switching to?
                        A few of my friends from a few years back(lowrider days)... they had some serious issues with Fram. One reminded me a few weeks ago about his engine that was wrecked due to a plastic cover INSIDE the filter at the bottom not allowing oil to flow thru but instead be in full bypass mode... he sent the cut open filter along with a scream and yell kinda letter and received $500 towards repairs or a new engine!...

...others have told me about finding metal on the drain plug but yet nothing in the oil filter....

... either way... im not going to be using them again just on principle....

DISCLAIMER: Dont let this sway you in any way... these are just a few bad stories that ive personally heard if not seen and it is my decision to discontinue use of that product.

Comment

Originally posted by nadical
                          Originally posted by mike91y2k
                          i'm too lazy to change my own oil and i need the receipts anyway. So I just buy mobil1 5w30 full synthetic at autozone and then give that to my dealer.
                          I'm too big to change my own oil. Tried it on my Malibu years ago and had to reach to get to both the drain bolt and Oil filter. I was like never again. I guess I could try and lose weight.
                          Losing weight is much harder than paying to have your oil changed

Comment

SO, you guys change your oil before the "DIC" says to do it? Mine just popped up and said "CHANGE OIL SOON" And it's at like 4%

Comment

oh man mine would be at 15000 miles if i waited

ive been doing it at 20-25% and thats usually almost 10000 miles
                              2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
                              Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
                              Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
                              Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

Hmm, oops. Good thing for warranties.

Comment

Working...
                                X