06 GTP with 3.9 times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 GTP with 3.9 times

Well my sacnner doesn't really work but I have some times from Friday night. It was my first time ever running and it showed. My best times were a R/y of .527( I don't wanna leave hard for breakage) a 60' of 2.416 and a 1/4 time of 15.069 at 93.83. Can do the quarter probably in 3rd gear only but get to 4th right near the end. This was done with a around a half a tank of gas and the spare was out for one run but not sure which. Made three runs and then it got packed with a bunch of rich kids and some worked up cars. It was a real blast the first pass then it got kinda boring though.

Would like to look into the heat deflector around the intake tube because that got hot and stayed warm almost teh entire time even with hood up when I could.
    Official Lawbreaker of the SWO

06 G6 Coupe.
    MODS: Custom Flowmaster 80 exhaust, De-badged, MP racing intake, GM strut bar. 40% tint all around. Painted dart and battery cover. R1 premium drilled-slotted brakes front and rear. I think that is it but who knows what I will find and want to add to the car.

Re: 06 GTP with 3.9 times

tire pressure?

28 seems pretty good when i run... you can get a better 60ft for sure. i got mine down to a 2.1 one time...

my quarter is a 15.5 though. good old elevation

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

It's probably around that. I didn't bring my air compressor with me or else I woulda played with that some. This car feels fast but I guess a butt dyno and feel is a completely different ball game on the strip.

06 G6 Coupe.
      MODS: Custom Flowmaster 80 exhaust, De-badged, MP racing intake, GM strut bar. 40% tint all around. Painted dart and battery cover. R1 premium drilled-slotted brakes front and rear. I think that is it but who knows what I will find and want to add to the car.

Comment

any video or pix?
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

No G/f was working and I just went by myself. Althought I got there early and kinda hung out with a guy that had a GTO that ran 12. 9's or so. I may go again when my buddy comes down with his stang so then I'll get some pics and vids.

06 G6 Coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by wranglerboy93
            Can do the quarter probably in 3rd gear only but get to 4th right near the end.
            4th gear isn't needed until 120mph. So I wouldn't use 4th. Assuming you have an auto.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

No its the manual. I guess I could have stayed in 3rd but it was getting kinda high in the rpm range so I figured why not.

06 G6 Coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by wranglerboy93
                No its the manual. I guess I could have stayed in 3rd but it was getting kinda high in the rpm range so I figured why not.
                Because we get most of our power in the high end?

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

whats your elevation? the best I could get was 16.2 but im at 4022 feet above sea level. so that translates to about 15.2-3 at sea level...

oh and i always stay in 3rd, dont even use 4th at all. what mph do you shift from 1st - 2nd, and 2nd - 3rd? my tach doesnt work so I go by my MPH...
                  current mods: custom blitz front. custom hood. low profile spoiler. drilled and slotted discs w/ ceramic pads. CAI. street series motor mounts.

future mods: Aftermarket side skirts. ???

Comment

1st ends at 42.

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
                      1st ends at 42.

you have got to be kidding me? 42 seems extremely high....... i shift at 30-35..... are you talking about a manual or auto? i have a manual....
                      current mods: custom blitz front. custom hood. low profile spoiler. drilled and slotted discs w/ ceramic pads. CAI. street series motor mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandomon
                        Originally posted by mike91y2k
                        1st ends at 42.

you have got to be kidding me? 42 seems extremely high....... i shift at 30-35..... are you talking about a manual or auto? i have a manual....
                        Oh...I have an auto.

You have a manual with a broken tach?

Comment

correct lol.

Comment

I have an 06 GTP 3.9 with a 6spd, 4dr.

My best time in the 1/8th was

10.14 @ 70 mph. And it's at like 3900ft elevation. shitty track prep.

Comment

So I was just looking at the 1/4 mile times and my best time today was a 15.2. I though 14.5's and lower were unheard of with this engine. How are you all getting those times? I just don't get it. I have intake exhaust and it was warm out but does that have that much a difference?

06 G6 Coupe.

Comment

Working...
                              X