• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 06 GTP with 3.9 times

Originally posted by SDGTPM6
    I have an 06 GTP 3.9 with a 6spd, 4dr.

My best time in the 1/8th was

10.14 @ 70 mph. And it's at like 3900ft elevation. shitty track prep.
    ..mine runs a 10.29 1/8 mile and I just have the GT I figured the gtp would run under 10

Comment

Originally posted by gt08
      Originally posted by SDGTPM6
      I have an 06 GTP 3.9 with a 6spd, 4dr.

My best time in the 1/8th was

10.14 @ 70 mph. And it's at like 3900ft elevation. shitty track prep.
      ..mine runs a 10.29 1/8 mile and I just have the GT I figured the gtp would run under 10
      high elevation.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

I ran a 14.80 in my malibu when it was pretty much stock. Elevation does come into play but I think you should be able to do a little better with practice.
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2665190"

Performance mods...
        Tuned by SB Tuning (93 octane tune)... Ported throttle body by SB Tuning... CAI for the G6 from Ebay... Custom exhaust and Dyna Max mufflers... Stock Wheel with 225 45 18 Good Year RSA's Repainted Gunmetal Grey... Now Upper and lower 10,000k HID's... NRG Engine damper Installed... Cquence Drilled/Slotted rotors... Racing Line MMI's

Comment

i cant wait to get mine out on the track after a little more work. its gonna be fun! its not worth doing unless you have at least a little done. and im glad im closer to sea level haha.

Comment

with my interceptor, my car in its prime ran a 14.1 w0ot! haha but on a track i think the best was like 14.7 on a COLD track
            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

I did notice and even just regular driving occasionally it kinda sputters and bucks when I'm on it. I think it did it once or twice at the track. Like somehow it is trying to catch up to itself. Anyone have that happen to them? I think that may have caused some of the slowness on the track.
              Official Lawbreaker of the SWO

06 G6 Coupe.
              MODS: Custom Flowmaster 80 exhaust, De-badged, MP racing intake, GM strut bar. 40% tint all around. Painted dart and battery cover. R1 premium drilled-slotted brakes front and rear. I think that is it but who knows what I will find and want to add to the car.

Comment

My car with only a custom cold air, and resonator delete, ran a 14.87@92. Weather played a huge factor (58 degrees.) I'm going to see if this was a timing fluke when I get back to the track this Friday.
                2006 G6 GTP Coupe Black/Black- Custom CAI, Resonator delete.

14.87@92mph

Comment

You ran ta fast in the base 4clinder?

Comment

Originally posted by AnconaGT View Post
                    You ran ta fast in the base 4clinder?
                    No I have a 06 GTP, I've tried to change my vehicle in my profile but it never works. It accepts it, but everytime I post it goes back to the base model stuff. I'll keep trying.

14.87@92mph

Comment

Looks like it finally worked! Nice job on the run also.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiftingGTP06 View Post
                        My car with only a custom cold air, and resonator delete, ran a 14.87@92. Weather played a huge factor (58 degrees.) I'm going to see if this was a timing fluke when I get back to the track this Friday.
                        Nice! I have the 3.6L GXP with some work. I have yet to take it the track but I am hoping for good times when I do.
                        2008 Black G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestGXP View Post
                          Nice! I have the 3.6L GXP with some work. I have yet to take it the track but I am hoping for good times when I do.
                          I'm certain you'll best my time, I wish my car had the 3.6 but able to retain my 6 speed. The 3.6 also sounds better IMO. Once I get a tune I'm going to go back to the track and try to get another 14 out of it. I usually don't like to drag my daily drivers, but with the weather like it was I could feel a big difference in power and couldn't resist. Lol

14.87@92mph

Comment

When im off work I will post a video of a Dark Redish Gxp Sedan with Intake, Exhaust, and Mild Tune, running 13.90 at 99.8mph // thats pretty good for a sedan.

Comment

Originally posted by AnconaGT View Post
                              When im off work I will post a video of a Dark Redish Gxp Sedan with Intake, Exhaust, and Mild Tune, running 13.90 at 99.8mph // thats pretty good for a sedan.
                              hell yea i want to see this

Comment

Working...
                              X