No announcement yet.

Silver Trim pieces painted! ( PICS UP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Silver Trim pieces painted! ( PICS UP)

Originally posted by jakeman17
    Looks Good
    I wanna paint mine red but me+ paint= really bad
    If you really wanted to do this modification without painting you could.

GM sells interior trim kits in Red, Blue and Silver.

Code:
    http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/accessories_details/vehicle_search/Pontiac/2008/G6/Interior%20Trim%20Kit/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm
    Modifications:
    [Completed] CRAB 03/04 + WMS 91 Octane Tune + MPD Hood w/ Hood Struts + GT-R Exhaust + Red Interior Lighting + De-Badged + Overlays + Chrome Window Trim + 20% Tint + Racingline Strut Bar
    [In Progress] Racingline Mount Inserts / Wiring Kit
    [Later Days] Audio Controls + G6 Mats + New Rims + Tail-Light Replacement + Street Glow + Trunk Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Zoider
      Looks Good
      I wanna paint mine red but me+ paint= really bad
      If you really wanted to do this modification without painting you could.

GM sells interior trim kits in Red, Blue and Silver.

Code:
      http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/accessories_details/vehicle_search/Pontiac/2008/G6/Interior%20Trim%20Kit/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

WHOA!

I spent $15 on paint and sand paper i suggest you get some paint and start practicing and save your self $200

__________________________________________________ _________________
      Current Mods:e-badged, Re-q5, Custom sub console, Tinted Tails, Custom fiberglass woofer box. 2 Memphis PR's
      In Progress:: Katskinz... Half way there! Painted trim

Comment

Yes i dont wanna spend the money to by trim kit so ill probably end up doing it myslef
        87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
        90 Eagle Talon TSI
        09 G6 Progression(New Car)
        My Progression

Comment

Yes i dont wanna spend the money to by trim kit so ill probably end up doing it myslef
          That's what I would suggest. It's more rewarding that way anyway!

Like Keith said, if you don't have very much experience with it, buy the materials and practice on something else first.
          Modifications:
          [Completed] CRAB 03/04 + WMS 91 Octane Tune + MPD Hood w/ Hood Struts + GT-R Exhaust + Red Interior Lighting + De-Badged + Overlays + Chrome Window Trim + 20% Tint + Racingline Strut Bar
          [In Progress] Racingline Mount Inserts / Wiring Kit
          [Later Days] Audio Controls + G6 Mats + New Rims + Tail-Light Replacement + Street Glow + Trunk Sub

Comment

ok When i have some time i will be trying it.
            90 Eagle Talon TSI
            My Progression

Comment

The number one this with paint is to go slow and make sure you sand between coats when you are suppose to and remember it is better to put on 3 light coats in 5 minute intervals then to put on 1 heavy coat right now. I would say that is the number one mistake people make especially with red because red pigment takes an extra coat to get nice coverage.

Keith

Current Mods:e-badged, Re-q5, Custom sub console, Tinted Tails, Custom fiberglass woofer box. 2 Memphis PR's

Comment

Yes I will also do red. What paint did you get? Anything special?
                90 Eagle Talon TSI
                My Progression

Comment

uuummmm, I just got back from painting and i cannot remember I have to go back out there in about 20 minutes and i will let you know, it is a color match paint though

Comment

ok Sweet thanks
                    90 Eagle Talon TSI
                    My Progression

Comment

"plasti-coat"

Works and looks great! and literally hundreds of colors to choose from

Comment

ok sweet ill have to buy me some and play with it so i can paint mine
                        90 Eagle Talon TSI
                        My Progression

Comment

I bought a metallic silver for the base, the color of choice and then a clear. Of course you need a primer. Just get one meant for plastic sand your plastic trim pieces with like 1000 grit and then prime and sand then paint.

Comment

ya they have been sanded and clear coated.. the pics didnt come out that great.. i need to really buff them now
                            2007 G6 GTP - Fully Modded - Traded In
                            2008 Silver MS3 GT - PTP SST, CP-E HPFP, CP-E Nano, Cobb TIP, Cobb FMIC, Cobb AP, Denso ITV-24, CNT Exhaust, Corksport DP, SU Test Pipe, HKS BOV v3(Recirc), AWR RMM, JBarone SSP, SU Shifter Bushing, E4 Shift Knob, CP-E Towplate, Cobb Lowering Springs & Sway Bar

Comment

anoyone know how to take the steering wheel silver trim pieces out? i dont want to break anything..

and anyone got any suggestions on anything else i should paint red? the back needs some but there isnt anything back there in a coupe lol

BTW sorry for the
                              2007 G6 GTP - Fully Modded - Traded In
                              2008 Silver MS3 GT - PTP SST, CP-E HPFP, CP-E Nano, Cobb TIP, Cobb FMIC, Cobb AP, Denso ITV-24, CNT Exhaust, Corksport DP, SU Test Pipe, HKS BOV v3(Recirc), AWR RMM, JBarone SSP, SU Shifter Bushing, E4 Shift Knob, CP-E Towplate, Cobb Lowering Springs & Sway Bar

Comment

Could the area surrounding the gauges be painted?
                                I think that would look pretty cool and bring some more color to the dash.
                                2008 Pontiac G6 GXP -AIT Kit - Rear Tint - 18s - Coming Soon: Tinted Tails, GT-R,
                                2006 Pontiac Grand Prix
                                1982 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Comment

Working...
                                X