No announcement yet.

Meguiars NXT wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a problem with the liquid paste. Don't know if it was a bad bottle or if it was just me, but when i used the liquird, I got oil ghosting really really bad. Tried to wash and redo it, same thing happened. I know of at least one other 6er who had the same issue.

I called Mc's and they said to take the bottle back to wal-mart and get some paste. I did and the problem went away. Worked great and maybe it's just me, but it looks like most of my swirls are gone. Probably just filled them in, but it looks damn good. I used the same on my motorcyle, which I haven't waxed in a year, and it looked like wet glass. Shiny as hell and I could see the reflection of everything I was riding past.

Sooo, boo on the liquird for me, but YEAH to the paste.
    2007 Black GTP w/ Taupe interior - SOLD 2/29/2012
    1/4: 14.341 @ 97.29 mph

Comment

I just waxed my car for the second time. The first time I did it, it was outside and cloudy + I was in the shade of my house. I had ghosting.

Second time I did it, I did it all in my garage and it sat in my garage for upwards up 20hrs or so. Applied wax, let it sit for an hour. Wiped it off with one cloth and it was perfect. It (not on purpose) then sat in my garage for 20+ hrs as mentioned and it was perfect. I've got ZERO ghosting and the scratches I mentioned in a previous post, which were partially removed with scratch-x are now about 99% gone.

Some people seem to think that shade = cloudy day, which isn't the case. I think, that it's the UV rays that can cause problems to the wax, as much as the sun.

The wax I used both times was mc-g's NXT tech wax liquid.
      The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

It's not really the sun that does it, it's the heat. You want your car to be cool when you apply any product. Usually sun=hot but not always.

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamguys
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          You wax your car three times a week? :wacko:

I think that somebody needs a girlfriend...
          It is a fetish..

We all have our issues..

And by the way, I am married and have 5 children.
          I think a girlfriend would just complicate things
          Mobil 1 Synthetic, 15% tint

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2592600

Comment

That post is either so old that I don't remember it, or I totally missed it.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
              It's not really the sun that does it, it's the heat. You want your car to be cool when you apply any product. Usually sun=hot but not always.
              yeah. true...... car needs to be cool.

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Or use Turtle wax ice...

Comment

Turtle wax is for nerds.

Comment

Working...
                  X