No announcement yet.

Manumatic shifter addition to a base G6-V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird. The 4T45-E that I had in the Grand Am had PRND321, I figured it would be the same in the G6.

Oh well.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

This would be a cool project just to see how it is done, but probably not worth the time and expense.
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
        I think it's PRND321 on Malibus.
        Oh don't bring up the Malibu :P That will only confuse folks more

Malibu has PRNDL shifter positions but they also have a +/- button on shifter which most think is Tap Up/Down function, but it really isn't.

When you put the shifter in L position the display on instrument cluster shows L3 then by operating "-" you can shift down to L2 or L1 or back up using "+".

However unlike Tap Up/Down on G6 the display doesn't indicate what gear you are actually in, it reflects what gear you are limiting the vehicle to (just like if you had a shifter PRND321).

Malibu SS has a different shifter PRNDM and Does have a true Tap Up/Down function like G6 GT and GTP although their up/down operation is still by button on shifter handle and not the shifter gate like on G6

Comment

I did not get the GT for a few reasons. I took advantage of the 0% financing so was had to choose from what was out there already. All vehicles within 600 miles had a lot of bloated options I did not want or were bare bones with nothing extra I wanted. So, I chose the V6 G6 sedan as a compromise. I love the car, just like the tap shift.

Right now I am watching one of my zebra cichlids attack my water heater, and its reflection.

LB
          How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Comment

I had asked this question some months ago, but the thread seems to be gone.

mobilebyrd,

Seems like we got a V6 and not a GT for the same reason. I got mine
            because I found one with most of the GT options for a lot less money.

I still might give the shifter swap a try. It sucks, but I have been out of
            town a bunch and haven't had time to do anything (but I will get the
            VM intake on the TB). If I do, I'll contact Chris and see if we can get it
            done (I know I'll be getting the PCM reprogrammed when he has that
            done).

I am suprised that there is that much to change to with the different
            shifter. I would have thought the programming would be in there and
            just disabled. It would seem to be more cost effective to have one
            program than multiple ones. I think this is why companies don't do so
            well, they have way to many options and money is wasted keeping
            track of them, stocking them, etc. I know in this case it's just software,
            but still. Oh well, guess I'll never understand.

Dave
            '06 TBSS
            '08 335xi

Comment

I have the tapshifter just sitting inmy house. I ordered the shift nob froma wreaking yard and he sent the whole shifter. If there was a tune for it then I would put it on. I know that with the dif gear ratios that this wont work so it will just sit until someone can figure out a way to get it to work with the 3.05 ratio. E2helper might be able to figure out a way to get a tune or how to reprogram. Anyone know any software writers that might be able to do this? Maybe gtprix can write a tune.
              Originally posted by Nikki
              You are an e-pimp.
              Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
              I tried too, my penis way too big
              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
              My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
              The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Working...
              X