Tapshift owners please help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapshift owners please help...

I was talking to a mechanic for pontiac, and i got some questions answered... and i am not ready to let this die!

so i was wondering if anyone with the tapshift can take pictures of how it mounts and what plugs are in the shifter.

This is what the NON tapshift looks like (thanks asquarecan)

now i know this has been gone over time and time again. but untill i see some proof i am not going to let it die.

what does your shifter look like? where do all of the plugs go? what plugs are there that are missing from the non.

What are the differences between the connections?

THANKS!!!

Re: Tapshift owners please help...

the actual transmission needs to have that capability too. ive been looking at 4t65e-HD transmissions and only the transmissions made on or after i think 06 had tap shift. some type of electronic module/extra attachment on the transmission or something. i believe i read this on 60degreev6 and varies other car forums that use that trans. however does your same transmission come with tap shift on another model g6? i dont remember which transmissions had tap shift.
    so yours is an 07' i guess yours may be a transmission that is capable but not equipped but im not sure.
    ahuhn?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
    TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
    Show
    -20% tint
    -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
    -Professionally heated seats

Comment

i have an 07 g6 v6. i dont know my trans code but i was told that it is the "same" trans that was put in the gt...

how do i get my trans code?

Comment

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
        i have an 07 g6 v6. i dont know my trans code but i was told that it is the "same" trans that was put in the gt...

that im not sure. i did a brief search on google but nothing came up

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
        Show
        -20% tint

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp

that im not sure. i did a brief search on google but nothing came up
          Nothing came up for me either... ther is a list of codes in the glove box. one of them has to be my trans code. where would it be?

Comment

I'll be taking my center piece off soon to do my burl wood to silver trim shifter piece swap. I have the manushift,

I"ll take some pics and put them online.... dunno when this is gonna happen though, in the comings weeks for sure tho.
            The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Here are the RPO codes for the 07 trans options:

MN5 = Hydra-Matic 4T45
              MH2 = Hydra-Matic 6T70
              M15 = Hydra-Matic 4T65

The M15 and MH2 appear, through my research, to be the only RPO codes to support DSC (driver shift control). Check your glovebox and look for one of those two codes.
              2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish

MN5 = Hydra-Matic 4T45
                MH2 = Hydra-Matic 6T70
                M15 = Hydra-Matic 4T65

The M15 and MH2 appear, through my research, to be the only RPO codes to support DSC (driver shift control). Check your glovebox and look for one of those two codes.

I HAVE THE "MN5"

can i haz da tap shift???

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish

MN5 = Hydra-Matic 4T45
                  MH2 = Hydra-Matic 6T70
                  M15 = Hydra-Matic 4T65

I HAVE THE "MN5"

can i haz da tap shift???
                  NOEZ.

jk i don't know, but i'm pretty sure us GT g6's have different transmissions compared to yours.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

i dont think so if you have a 4 speed...

i have a 3.05 ratio

Comment

Well wait. I think we both have the same transmissions, only different gear ratios. So you'd have to reconfigure the BCM, and add the extra wiring and switches.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

i actually think the GTs might ave the same trans. but i dont think the MN5 code being right cause if thats the case its saying the 65e and T70 are not tap shifts.

Show
                        -20% tint

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
                          Well wait. I think we both have the same transmissions, only different gear ratios. So you'd have to reconfigure the BCM, and add the extra wiring and switches.

thats what we are trying to determine. BUT like i said be4 there are transmissions that are the same model ie (4t66e-HD) but depending on when they are made they might not even have the electronic gear shift unit on it. now say if there was a bunch of trans left over without the module, one of those coudl make it into his car since it doesnt have tap shift from factory.

Show
                          -20% tint

Comment

no i think that he is saying that the 65e and T70 are the only tapshifts...

Comment

no i think that he is saying that the 65e and T70 are the only tapshifts...
                              yeah did he edit it or something? i could have sworn it said MN5 in his sentence where is says M15 and MH2

Show
                              -20% tint

Comment

Working...
                              X