Clear All

Re: Tapshift owners please help...

yea me too

so... your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
      Originally posted by Tupperware SC2
      no i think that he is saying that the 65e and T70 are the only tapshifts...
      yeah did he edit it or something? i could have sworn it said MN5 in his sentence where is says M15 and MH2
      Yeah he did cause he got it backwards. What's up there now is accurate. I think.

Although oddly enough, in 06, the MN5 DID support tap-shift. Because *I* have a MN5.

Hence the reason I am second-guessing my info now...
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

yea me too

so... your thoughts?
        well more than likely if your transmission is the same as in the GT then i think you have a better chance of making it work but without having the code taht would confirm it i dont know for sure. and its something i wouldn know even if you ahd the code. thats something a tech would know problaby.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
        Show
        -20% tint
        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

I need some closure... or i just need to take a chance on a $65 part!

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
            no i think that he is saying that the 65e and T70 are the only tapshifts...
            yeah did he edit it or something? i could have sworn it said MN5 in his sentence where is says M15 and MH2
            Yeah he did cause he got it backwards. What's up there now is accurate. I think.

Although oddly enough, in 06, the MN5 DID support tap-shift. Because *I* have a MN5.

Hence the reason I am second-guessing my info now...
            oh that explains it cause i saw it when you had it the other way around.

TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
            Show
            -20% tint

Comment

Ok, now I am pretty sure I was wrong.

I can't get access to the 2007 print book anymore, but in 2008, the MN5 is used in 5 variants of the 6 (yeah, I said 5)

Sedan 2ZF69 - 1SV Value Leader1
              Sedan 2ZG69 - G6
              Sedan 2ZH69 - GT
              Coupe 2ZH37 - GT
              Convertible 2ZH67 - GT

However, the [Sedan 2ZF69 - 1SV Value Leader1] and [Sedan 2ZG69 - G6] are footnoted as NOT including Driver Shift Control. The remaining two transmission options, MH2 (GXP) and M15 (4-speed in the convertible w/ sport package only), both include DSC.

So, assuming the 2008 info is the same as it was in 2007, then as far as I can tell, the physical transmission IS the same. I think it comes down to PCM/TCM, and the shifter module itself. But perhaps andy can chime in with more definitive answers...
              2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

ANDY

where are you?

Comment

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                  Originally posted by snowmanG6
                  you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Again, this is the 2008 info, not 2007.

2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
                      andrew find the answer

Show
                      -20% tint

Comment

Ok, found my RPO code listing, turns out I don't have a MN5. I have a MX0.

Damn, i'm all kinds of confused lately!
                        2009 PONTIAC G8
                        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
                          andrew find the answer

cant you see im busy eating popcorn jesus so rude

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                          Originally posted by snowmanG6
                          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

with what kind of soda?

i've always wondered what kind of soda that is...

:P

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

omg idk why but i thought those were some funny ass posts

and i believe its some good ole RC cola

My progression thread
                              Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
                              Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
                              In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
                              Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
                              Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

mmmmmm RC cola! that was made not far from where I grew up.

sorry for going off topic

AJ
                                De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
                                Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
                                Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
                                My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

Working...
                                X