Long Trip Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Long Trip Maintenance

No need to change the brakes unless they're due for replacement. New brakes need to be broken-in gradually and braking performance will not be best when they are new. They need to be worn-in and seated first.

Comment

Buy an plug into the lighter portable tire pump and throw it in the trunk,you never know when you're going to need it, and it's also good for pumping up air mattresses.About 15 bucks.
      I always have a tool box in the trunk too,and a spare snake belt (Serpentine belt)

2008 G6 SE --------------1975 TA

2008 Pontiac G6

Comment

Again, thank you guys... i did not think about the portable air thing for my tires....

gonna buy one today asap. and also buying a flash light, emergency kit.

thank you guys.

QQ, which belts should i have checked out? the only belt i see is the one by the Alternator....
        flickr

Comment

thats the only belt on the car so thats it

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

we should have a floridag6 meet for when you come, then take more pics of allllll the accessories you drove down with, and your car might be the dirtiest .... jks aside the stuff to carry for the journey are important as all stated and mentioned though

but yea good luck on the trip in march man and have fun

Mods: 30% tint front, 18% tint rear, custom eyelids, custom painted rocker panels, custom painted side/wing mirrors, GXP front bumper/fascia, eibach pro kit springs, 17" black/machined face liquid metal venoms, interior CF kit, K&N typhoon intake, Flashtech HID's 6000K lows, 10,000K fogs, Xenon 8500k highs.

Other ride: 07 Q7 for now
            PSN: racin247
            Progression-search Silverg6er's FOTOZ

Comment

Working...
            X