Long Trip Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Trip Maintenance

Wife, Children and I are doing our Annual Trip to Florida, but this time on the ROAD with our 2005 G6....

What should i have checked out before heading out, we plan on leaving Mid March. (we're driving from NYC to Orlando, Florida)

i was thinking...

*New Brake Rotors
    *New Pads....
    *Oil Change....

Suggestions?
    flickr

Re: Long Trip Maintenance

That sounds about right. If you have a K&N i would recharge the filter, and I would also check wiper fluid and also do a look over under the car quick and in the engine bay just to make sure eveyrthing looks okay.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I'd do the brakes if they needed it.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

All fluid levels. All belts and hoses. Tire pressure and tire condition, including spare. Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
          All fluid levels. All belts and hoses. Tire pressure and tire condition, including spare. Lights.

My progression thread
          Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
          Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
          In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
          Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
          Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Originally posted by WhoRyder
            What should i have checked out before heading out, we plan on leaving Mid March. (we're driving from NYC to Orlando, Florida)

plane tickets

seriously change the oil, check all fluids, tire pressures, wiper blades, check out the breaks do if needed

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            Originally posted by snowmanG6
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Check out your TIRES. they will get a work out and should be in top shape.

Comment

thanks guys... wheels and tires are brand new, no older than 2 weeks old....

I Def. need some a bunch of CD's....

I will stop at every "Welcome To...." and take a picture of the G6 under the sign... Should be Fun....
                flickr

Comment

haha yeah check out everything they mentioned, but it sounds like it will be a fun trip, i love road trips lol
                  after you get back

Comment

Come on down, enjoy your stay!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by WhoRyder
                      Wife, Children and I are doing our Annual Trip to Florida, but this time on the ROAD with our 2005 G6....

i was thinking...

*New Brake Rotors
                      *New Pads....
                      *Oil Change....

Suggestions?
                      NOOOOOOOO!!!! more people coming to Florida, sorry we're packed to the brim as it is please try again next year lol jk man, you should have a great time!

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                      G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

a good PMCS check: fluids, tires, lights, belts have fun next time come to Montana Big Sky Country.
                        sigpic
                        Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
                        It takes years to become a member of this elite group
                        K&N CAI, Preformance Exhaust GM, Custom Grill GM other mods coming this spring. Ground Effects Kit color coded Black

Comment

i'd check fluids, tires, lights, belts, normal stuff like everyone else suggested. replacing your pads and rotors specifically for a 95% highway trip seems dumb unless you have neglected them to the point that they need to be replaced anyhow.

Comment

yea, all good suggestions...I recommend you get everything done about 2 weeks before tho....like brakes - just to ensure they're not gonna mess up if you get them done like the day before u go down.

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
                            - JL 1000.1 Amp
                            - JL 12" W7
                            - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Comment

I agree with what the guys above have said, even regarding your brakes. I want to make sure I reduce as much as possible the risk of "unforeseens" on my long trips. I always have my tire pressure gauge of course, toll cash and a good emergency kit. Also make sure your spare is good. How old are your kids? Little boys always seem to make good use of empty cans, bottles and such, in a pinch.
                              Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
                              Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
                              Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Working...
                              X